You will be part of an engaged and kind team in an international and multicultural environment and within a department developing our future IT solutions in the Virtual products lifecycle management area.
Are you interested in digitalization, the latest technology and an organization that cares about its employees? Do you want to work with a bunch of incredibly driven, passionate, and skilled people? Great! Volvo Group is now searching for an IT Architect for the virtual lifecycle management and PLM domain.
Virtual Lifecycle Management solutions covers CAD, Virtual Product lifecycle management (PLM), Augmented and Virtual reality applications. The solutions are a key enabler to achieve engineering efficiency, virtual trust, and the digital twin capabilities across the Volvo Group.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
Volvo is driving several exciting transformation projects and initiatives to digitalize our business processes and leverage the value of data and become a fully data-driven company. We are Virtual Lifecycle Management Solution Centre working to increase efficiency through our current set of digital and IT solutions.
Our existing IT solutions comprises of a mix of varied technologies like Microsoft, Java, and Commercial Off the shelf (COTS) IT solutions and SaaS solutions from CAD and PLM vendors. We find ourselves on the cusp of a transformation with heavy investments to transform and modernize our overall IT architecture.
We are supporting the Volvo Group’s Digital ambitions to become a fully agile, data-driven company, and we are building the foundations for the virtual trust, supported by improved use of digital twins, i.e the digital data representing a physical object as well as an improved digital thread, the integrated view of physical products’ digital data through it’s lifecycle.
Role mission & context
As a Thingworx – IT Architect, your primary mission will be technological watch, Proof of Concepts, pre-studies & implementation:
- Active contribution to incoming pre-studies on strategical projects
- Lead the implementation, validation and deployment of ThingWorx Solutions
- You will work closely with the Delivery manager and Business Owner, securing the deliveries related to the application and with the vendor
- Create/enhance ThingWorx implementation’s standards for Volvo Group Trucks
- Active participation in IT Architectural working group
- You will be responsible for the design of ThingWorx applications following Volvo and the product vendor PTC (Parametric Technology Corporation) best practices and roadmap and Volvo Group architectural frameworks
- You must combine and match business needs with Volvo solutions, as part of a project team
- Experience from leading the implementation, validation and deployment of scalable, commercial ThingWorx solutions (ThingWorx Navigate / Vuforia)
- Experience with ThingWorx service and mashup development and integration of ThingWorx with Windchill or other systems
- Experience in ThingWorx platform setup and infrastructure requirements
- Competency in object-oriented development patterns in Java /.NET
- Competency in modern integration standards like RESTful and SOAP Web Services, message-oriented-middleware (MQ)
- General knowledge of Agile and modern software development lifecycle practices, DevSecOps, and technical documentation (requirements, functional specifications, test plans, etc.)
- Graduated with a university degree or an engineer school in IT
- You have a good knowledge also of the latest CAD and PLM architecture
- You can integrate all architecture disciplines and advise on functional and technical approach for all systems integrating to ThingWorx platform
- You are comfortable collaborating and delivering results together with team members and a broad set of stakeholders and colleagues with different background and skills areas. You have good communication and presentation skills (written and verbal), and you are fluent in English
Some travels are required abroad occasionally.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.