What is the job?
As a Core Processor on our team, we will count on you to help us process core units through the operation. You will leverage your technical expertise and analytical/troubleshooting skills to inspect incoming parts and compare records, invoices and manifests to verify order accuracy. You will also record shipment information and prepare items for shipment. Some of your key responsibilities and work requirements are:
- Assist shipping and receiving of material
- Reading work orders and shipping orders
- Reading and following written and verbal work instructions
- Interact with other team members to complete tasks
- Physically move material from one location to another using overhead cranes and powered industrial equipment (sit down, standup fork lifts and pallet jacks)
- Sort and place materials on racks and shelving
- Open emballage, bales, crates and containers
- Record information about items coming in and going out of the facility
- Weigh and count items for distribution
- Perform facilities maintenance duties (i.e. cleaning) as needed
- Prepare parcels for mailing
- Bend, lift/push/pull(up to 35lbs), stand and walk continuously throughout the day to support duties
- Rotating through all different stations/jobs in the area to learn the entire business (must be able to perform all jobs)
You are a mechanically inclined individual with some type of logistics warehouse or manufacturing experience. You have a high school diploma (or GED) and the ability to complete all necessary documentation in English.
Why work for the Volvo Group?
We offer a challenging work environment that will keep you engaged while making a positive impact on the environment. We also offer the opportunity to grow your skills in a unique area of the business. Additionally, as part of the Volvo Group team, we offer:
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Competitive compensation
- Generous ETO (earned time off) plan
- 401k with matching
- Outstanding, values-driven work culture
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify