Supplier evaluation, continuous improvement, and parts development at suppliers.
Supplier management for QDC performance.
- Secure high level suppliers and support supplier selection through SEM (Supplier Evaluation Model).
- Help launch stable, new models through APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning ).
- Manage corrective and preventative actions at supplier regarding quality & delivery issues.
- Improve supplier quality & delivery performance through SDP (Supplier Development Process), process audit, capacity audit, Six Sigma, QI project, Index audits, etc.
- Reduce the part cost through Value Analysis/Value Engineering activities
- Perform Lean workshops at suppliers
- Lead sourcing projects through VSP (Volvo Sourcing Process).
- Lead quality management system improvement projects at supplier.
- Manage supplier relationship
- Perform other Supplier Development Business Plan actions.
- Handle other work assigned by SD Head
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Purchasing or Quality or R&D or Manufacturing engineering dept for electrical/electronical products. (Work experience in the automotive, Construction Equipment or similar industries is preferred)
- Familiar with SMT and related assembly manufacture process and ESD management
- Communicate in English fluently as normal, experience in global company is preferred
- R&D : Technical knowledge about Electronic or electrical, construction equipment’s components is preferred;
- Quality: APQP & PPAP knowledge
- Quality: Deeply understand about the theory & related standard of quality management
- Lean: understand the related philosophy and tools.
- Good computer skills (MS WD/EXCEL/POWERPOINT)
- Strong communication Skills
- Initiative, Drive for Results, Sense of Urgency, Flexibility, Innovation and Creativity
- Problem analysis, decision making & execution
- Project management skill is preferred
- QMS audit skills, ISO audit experience is preferred
- Problem solving
- Business & Enterprise knowledge
- Supply chain management
- Strategic sourcing
- Supplier relationship management
- Negotiations & contracting
- Possess core competencies of Volvo
- 4-year university degree in Engineering areas is minimum;
- Language skills: English and Chinese in comprehending, writing and speaking.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Construction Equipment is a global company driven by passion, curiosity and by our purpose: to build the world we want to live in. We believe that only through imagination and teamwork can we develop a world that is cleaner, smarter and more connected. Our company culture reflects this belief through the care and trust it places in our customers, employees and suppliers. People are at the heart of our business. It is through our strong network of talented, enquiring and innovative minds that we have been able to pave the way towards a more sustainable future. The global construction industry is our arena and our employees are our greatest assets.
We can only continue to stand out as industry leaders through the people driving us forwards. Come be a part of our team and help us build tomorrow.