You will play an important part in enabling our R&D organization to manage, secure and generate value from its data. Your main focus will be to support the ADAS DaaS project with data handling as well as designing a data analytics platform with similar capabilities for the ADAS engineers as already implemented in the Data Science Lab at Volvo.
It is about to create a scalable and reusable solutions for gathering, collecting, storing, processing, and serving data on both small and very large scales. Your will enable and maintain the Data Analytics Platform as well as providing user support. You will automate data integration for different sources to eliminate time spent on manual data processing in order to improve efficiency and productivity. As part of the data analytics team you will make improvements and add new features for the users of the platform at Volvo. You will be involved in all parts of the platform life-cycle that includes design, implementation and testing.
In order to be successful in this position you need to have experience from data analytics and platform development, preferred in transport/automotive industry as well as technical competence in platform development.
You are driven to deliver according to defined targets and agreed timeframes. You have good ability to work both in teams as well as individually.
- Close cooperation with IT application teams, Enterprise architecture, infrastructure, information security and stakeholders to translate business and technical strategies into data-driven solutions.
- Develop procedures and methods for data processing and storage
- Support implementation of projects and tools related to data analytics
- Responsible that the platform lifecycle is properly implemented
- Responsible for follow-up of decided requests for the platform development
- General Data Technology watch and actively follow industry trends for data analytics related to data science
- Collaborate within an international team of engineers throughout Europe, America and Asia
- This role requires a Master University degree or Ph.D. in Computer Science or eq.
- A proven track record in data analytics preferably within transport / automotive industry
- Deep understanding and working experience of platform development for data analytics,
- Extensive hands-on experience in Python modules, such as, Pandas, NumPy, SciPy, Keras, Matplotlib, NLTK etc. Experienced in using multi-processing and multi-threading using Python,
- Experienced in C++ & SQL
- Continuous integration and delivery, compilation workflow
- Excellent skills of IT Solution including IT dependencies and interfaces
- Curiosity and a strong ability to learn new technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Volvo group experience
- Apache Spark, Hadoop, Hive
- Carla simulator
- HPC knowledge
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.