- Validates electrical components and programming to ensure they perform to specifications;
- Diagnose and repair any electrical component that does not perform to specifications;
- Perform duties applicable to your work team (BOM, defect corrections, AVTs, Manufacturing documents, etc.);
- Follows assigned Bill Of Materials (BOM) within takt time goals;
- Assist others who may have difficulty getting electrical components to function properly prior to the validation point;
- Notifies next level of support for programming issues, missing blueprints, supplier part issues, etc.;
- Participates in or carries out various projects or performs work as requested by the supervisor;
- Participate in team meetings (i.e. morning mtgs., OD, 6S, QA Focus, etc.);
- Complete training programs as directed and/or required;
- Adhere to Volvo Way values and Volvo / Nova Bus policies & procedures;
- Maintain positive and professional attitude;
- Support and participate in continuous improvement efforts.
- College diploma in electrical technology or engineering preferred
- 3+ years of relevant electrical experience;
- Reasonable overtime and weekend work will be required
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics;
- Working knowledge of logic trees;
- Proficient with a multi-meter;
- Ability to work well under pressure, autonomous, analytical mind and sound judgment;
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Nova Bus, part of the Volvo Group, is one of North America’s largest providers of sustainable transit solutions.
Our team of more than 1,500 employees in three factories (Saint-Eustache and Saint-François-du-Lac in Quebec and Plattsburgh in the New York State) works in partnership with some of the largest public transit companies in Canada and in the USA.
Are you looking for a new challenge with social, economic and environmental implications? Do you want to boost your career and make a difference?
Help electrify transportation by joining the team!
We Participate in E-verify