Are you up for a new challenge and interested in joining a high performing, global and diverse team of skilled professionals? Here is your chance! Because we are in the middle of our digital transformation and we need your expertise, your curiosity, and your drive to take an active role in it.
Our agile team delivers IT solutions, supporting Volvo Construction Equipment to become a digital brand. We are a global team so you will work with colleagues in Poland, Sweden, Belgium and Korea and you will interact with business stakeholders from all around the globe.
We are looking for an Azure Data Engineer – to support our data and productization journey to the cloud. You will contribute to our top-notch cloud projects focusing on development of data pipelines in Azure Data Factory and Databricks.
These are challenges waiting for you
We have an ambition to make sure that data analytics is appropriately embedded in all business processes. You will join our agile product team focusing on creating business value through digital products. You will contribute to enabling new, data driven services working on the following activities:
- Build complex data pipelines in Microsoft Azure
- Optimize existing data pipelines
- Together with IT solution architects, build infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources to Azure
- Work closely with data analysts to provide required data structures
- Keep the data secure across the end-to-end solutions
- Conduct unit testing and troubleshooting
- Evaluate and improve existing data analytics solutions
- Collaborate with teams to integrate systems
- Develop and execute database queries and conduct analyses
- Develop and update technical documentation
This is you:
- You have held roles in the data and analytics workspace for 5 years
- You have bachelor degree level or above in a business or information science discipline
- Understanding of Azure architecture
- In-depth knowledge of at least one of these the services: Azure Data Factory, Data Bricks, Spark, Python
- Knowledge of other services and tools used to ETL workflows, such as Informatica Powercenter, Informatica Intelligent Cloud Services, SSIS, SQL
- Familiarity with Microsoft Power BI or other data visualization tools such as Qlik, SAP Business Objects
- Familiarity with database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP)
- Dedication to work according to processes
- You are experienced with AGILE project methodology and practice
- You have excellent communication skills in English
This is what we can offer you:
- Being a part of a product team focusing both on maintenance and innovations
- Collaborative environment in Swedish organizational culture
- Work life balance: we make sure you enjoy quality time away from work
- Remote work opportunities, employment contract and flexible working hours
- Clear career path & extensive development opportunities such as mentoring or coaching programs
- Private healthcare (available also onsite)
- Volvo League: We run team games in various sports
- Participation in international projects and different trainings
- Unlimited access to learning including Azure academy, Pluralsight and many more
Does it sound like a next step in your career? Please do not hesitate to apply and join our team!
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.