Main Tasks/ Responsibilities:
• Work safely at all times. Adhere to all VCES applicable safety policies. Comply with all company policies, procedures, standards, and values.
• Develop and maintain a financial model for the Company’s annual Business Plan (budget).
• Work closely with Branch Managers in reviewing Operational performance and areas of improvements.
• Provide detailed Budget versus Actual variance analysis for monthly operating results along with MD&A commentary.
• Identify opportunities for business process/workflow improvements for financial reporting and internal control framework.
• Develop and track a comprehensive set of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s.
• Collaborate with Director of Finance in preparation of the monthly Board reporting.
• Assist with month-end closing process and financial statement preparation and distribution.
• Develop and maintain system/process documentation for key Finance procedures.
• Research complex operational issues to provide insights and decision support for process improvements.
• Lead Ad-hoc reporting/research.
• Provide monthly performance analysis to management.
• Identify and monitor business driver metrics.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
• Knowledge of construction equipment and business solution market
• Target-driven, self-motivated, and willing to take responsibility
• Strong strategic planning and analytical skills with a sense of urgency
• High standard of professionalism and operate with integrity (The Volvo Way) and maintain confidentiality
• Represent VCES-CA values and vision
• Good knowledge and understanding of Financial services products and services
• Problem solving and relationship management
• BS Accounting or Finance
• 10+ years’ experience in finance leadership (controller etc.)
• 5+ years’ experience managing direct reports
• 3+ years’ experience in credit and risk management.
• Safety conscious and customer centric with effective relationship building through all levels.
• Exceptional communication, organization and interpersonal skills.
• Strong business and financial acumen with effective decision making.
• Proven analytical aptitude with attention to detail and sense of urgency.
• Ability to effectively adapt and prioritize in a fast paced and deadline driven environment.
• Improvement mind set, self-motivated, independent and team a team player with strong initiative.
• Computer and systems literate with proficiency with Excel and Word.
Education/Professional Qualifications required for the position:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration (required)
• 5+ years of working experience in an FP&A (or similar) role (required)
• Dealer Management System (DMS) implementation.
• Excellent level of knowledge in Excel (required), high level working knowledge of other MS Office apps
• Experience with the development of PowerPoint presentations
• Experience with ERP configuration/optimization projects
• Heavy equipment industry & market experience
Additional Important Requirements:
• Frequent travel within the VCES-CA territory (50%)
• Works with others in a team / office environment
• Able to perform duties effectively in a fast paced environment whether working autonomously or under direction
• Able to make autonomous decisions based on business situations within the scope of the established authorization directives
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Construction Equipment is a global company driven by passion, curiosity and by our purpose: to build the world we want to live in. We believe that only through imagination and teamwork can we develop a world that is cleaner, smarter and more connected. Our company culture reflects this belief through the care and trust it places in our customers, employees and suppliers. People are at the heart of our business. It is through our strong network of talented, enquiring and innovative minds that we have been able to pave the way towards a more sustainable future. The global construction industry is our arena and our employees are our greatest assets.
We can only continue to stand out as industry leaders through the people driving us forwards. Come be a part of our team and help us build tomorrow.
We Participate in E-verify