Are You Looking for a Rewarding Career? You Should Consider Us
At Volvo Penta, our employees know what it takes to make a teamwork! Being part of that team means that you’re working with a global and very diverse group of passionate, enthusiastic, and highly skilled professionals from all walks of life who work and play hard. Volvo Penta has won the ”Great Place to Work” award two years running as well as being named, ”Employer of the Year,” by Diesel Progress magazine! This is absolutely a great place to belong with folks ready to welcome you onboard!
Who is Volvo Penta?
Simply put, Volvo Penta has been around for more than 100 years and we know a thing or two about being a world-leading supplier of engines and drive systems for both marine and industrial applications to thousands of customers worldwide. We’re world leaders and innovative pioneers.
A Little Bit About Our Team…
The Customer Support and Training Department for Volvo Penta Region Americas (VPA)—headquartered in Chesapeake, Virginia—is responsible for technical support, warranty administration, product training, and customer relations for gasoline and diesel engine products for authorized OEMs, power centers, dealers as well as end users. Distribution of technical information, authorization of major warranty repairs, claim and registration processing, and resolution of customer issues are the primary functions of this department. The Regional Dealer Support team is field-based and on the front line evaluating our dealer network while providing training on the Volvo Penta business systems and programs leading to an overall improvement of the dealer base.
Who Are We Looking for to Join Us?
This is an important and challenging key position and we’re looking for a highly skilled, multi-tasking individual who can work independently, as well as facilitate dealer identification and development in support of Volvo Penta’s ambition to be a provider of choice in the Electromobility arena. When needed, you will provide instruction and direction to an assigned dealer base in our marine leisure, marine commercial, and industrial segments to ensure effective and profitable service operations and customer service initiatives. In this role, you will act as a business consultant with the mission to ensure development, quality, process improvement and support for our customer base. You will also provide support out in the field with troubleshooting and technical support, as well as act as a strong liaison between our dealers and manufacturers.
This is a field-based position that requires frequent traveling (80% +). The area of responsibility for this role will service the Northeastern United States: Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia
Some of the key tasks you’ll do as a Regional Dealer Support Representative:
- Work with the assigned dealer management groups and their principal stakeholders to ensure effective operations are provided to service customers, and offer recommendations of areas to improve and monitor progress
- Analyze territories to address areas of need for both the industrial and marine segments.
- Identify, onboard, and develop key dealers that will be responsive in supporting Volvo Penta’s Electromobility and connectivity technologies.
- Work with the Dealer Distribution team in searching out and renewing service locations whenever necessary and/or recommend non-renewals or terminations when needed
- Ensure Dealer maintains or exceeds minimum Dealer Operating Standards (DOS) and assist the Dealer Distribution team by providing accurate DOS reports
- Promote the training and usage of appointed programs to improve the overall customer experience
- Provide dealers with training on preferred business practices using Volvo Penta electronic systems for Volvo Penta Partner Network (VPPN), Unified Claims Handling Process (UCHP), Electronic Parts Catalogue (EPC), Navigator (Learning Management System), Vodia (Volvo Penta diagnostic tool), and Volvo Penta’s electronic case management system (ARGUS)
- Support dealers on complex service issues and provide management reports on product quality issues
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, technical or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum (5) five years marine and/or industrial retail trade experience or equivalent, preferably in a service management role
- At least 1 year of experience in retail dealership operations preferred
- Technical Certificates preferred – e.g. auto, truck, equipment, engines, drives, etc.
- Electromobility and/or Hybrid vehicle knowledge and experience is desirable
- Volvo Penta certifications are a plus
- Bilingual (English/French, English/Spanish) preferred.
As with Most Companies, You Also Need the Following:
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook, and familiarity with database programs
- You’ll be speaking with employees at all levels within and outside the company, so you’ll need excellent communication skills, including fluency in speaking and writing English.
We offer an amazing benefit package, including:
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Competitive compensation and continuing education
- Generous Earned Time Off (ETO) plan (vacation)
- 401K with matching
- And so much more!
Are you ready to work with a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals; a company dedicated to, safety, the environment, innovation and success? Apply today for the position of Regional Dealer Support Representative. We look forward to meeting you!
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. Printed copies may not be the most current. Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action employer. E.O.E./M/F/D/V
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify