The intern role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment and to support/promote the students’ career goals through contacts with professionals in their fields of study. The internship experience enables students to participate in professional activities for Volvo Group by working on important and innovative projects. Internships are structured learning experiences where interns and our full time professionals work together on projects within their selected organizations. The intern assignments allow students to integrate knowledge and skills in manners that are mutually beneficial to the students and Volvo Group.
- Assist with recruiting
- Keep up with filing and retention for personnel files as well as training records
- Participate in Bargaining Unit and Non-Bargaining Unit interviews
- Data creation and analytics for HR metrics
- Electronic form creations and collecting of information from employees
- Develop a structured work plan to assist Supervisors in assigning appropriate work to the Apprentices in order to get them the correct Training
- Compile and coordinate data to research potential HR related projects Involvement in bargaining unit hiring process as needed
- Develop flow chart or action plan to be able to explain the work order process in facilities
- Management of organizational charts
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Customer Focus: Understanding and meeting the needs of customers and addressing the interests and concerns of all organization stakeholders
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking and proofreading
- Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably, and actively seeking feedback non-defensively
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to required -- or higher -- standards, pitching in to get the job done
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Creativity/Innovation: Reframing traditional patterns of thinking and applying new and evolving ideas, methods and designs
- Self-starter; works independently; takes initiative
- Excellent computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite applications
- Thrives in a team-based environment
- Peer Relationships
- Must be currently pursuing a degree and remain fully enrolled in program during the duration of the internship
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Preferred Degrees: Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business Administration, or other related field
- Prefer a motivated Junior or Senior in good academic standing
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
We Participate in E-verify