The Intern role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to support/promote the student's career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. The Intern experience enables students to participate in professional activities for Volvo Group Trucks by working on important and innovative projects. Interns are structured learning experiences where interns and our full-time professionals work together on projects within their selected organization. The Internship allows students to integrate knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the student and Volvo Group Trucks.
The Intern position is for the Spring of 2022, and the specific work days and hours will be flexible, but agreed upon with the hiring manager.
Desired Start Date: January 10, 2022
The applicant will be tasked with developing and maintaining computer based tools using Microsoft Office products in conjunction with in-house operating systems. The output will be to improve performance within the Distribution Center with enhanced parts slotting and increase availability for future part range growth.
- Weekly Writing Assignments: Brief written summaries of the learning experiences and project updates may be required
- Project Presentations: Formal project presentations may be required to be presented to peers, management, and senior leaders within the organization
- Performance Feedback: Throughout the entire experience, the manager will provide verbal and written feedback on work performance. At the end of the intern, each intern will be given a formal written evaluation based on their work performance
Essential Skills and Minimum Education Requirements:
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Business or Engineering at an accredited school and must have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the intern with a minimum 3.0 grade point average
- 6-12 months total work experience
- Work 30 hours per week
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Proficiency in English for reporting and presentation
- Good communication skills and able to work in a team environment
- Ability to think and work independently; follow task to completion without direct oversight
- Integrity and Trust
- Presentation skills
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
We Participate in E-verify