Main Tasks / Responsibilities / Authorities:
- Work with Product Maintenance team to review and resolve machine field issues using the appropriate problem solving methods and skills.
- Assist assignment leader with testing concepts and day-to-day activities.
- Understand system schematics/principles, cost objectives, schedule, machine parameters and criteria by use of layouts and installation drawings.
- Assist test engineers with test set-up, analysis of results, and operating of test equipment.
- Assist test engineers with equipment inventory, maintenance and organization of test equipment laboratory
- Must be able to utilize production control business system and personal computer programs such as InfoPath, Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.
- Write work instructions for prototype and test technicians. Monitor prototype builds and assure proper assembly.
- Review, analyze and report on product parameter compliance via test reports, spec sheets, etc. Develop action plans to meet compliance if necessary.
- Must be able to coordinate with all necessary departments within the business in order to develop and produce new designs.
- Communicate to assignment leader any recommendations to meet schedules and plans.
- Currently enrolled in secondary education program. Prefer students majoring in Engineering or related field.
- Completion of 2+ years of engineering schooling from an accredited university (Bachelors program) or 1+ years of engineering schooling from an accredited university (Master’s program)
- Previous experience working with off-road equipment is a plus.
- Knowledge or experience with DAQ systems and measurement transducers/devices is a plus.
- Ability to relocate to Shippensburg, PA for duration of co-op.
- Able to manage work on multiple small projects, including quality, schedules, costs, etc. and communicate progress with team and project leaders.
- Desire to work with your hands on machine set-up, test set-up.
- Desire to continuously learn and use critical thinking skills to problem solve.
- Must be able to walk through the production facility to work with manufacturing personnel.
- Must be able to operate and test machines or components.
- At times may lift materials weighing up to 40 pounds.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Construction Equipment is a global company driven by passion, curiosity and by our purpose: to build the world we want to live in. We believe that only through imagination and teamwork can we develop a world that is cleaner, smarter and more connected. Our company culture reflects this belief through the care and trust it places in our customers, employees and suppliers. People are at the heart of our business. It is through our strong network of talented, enquiring and innovative minds that we have been able to pave the way towards a more sustainable future. The global construction industry is our arena and our employees are our greatest assets.
We can only continue to stand out as industry leaders through the people driving us forwards. Come be a part of our team and help us build tomorrow.
We Participate in E-verify