Infrastructure & Onsite Services
Lead Cloud Architect, Shared Cloud Infrastructure Services, Application Infrastructure
Volvo Group IT
Group IT governs the overall Process and IT efficiency within the Group. The function drives the usage of common processes, common IT systems and IT infrastructures.
Infrastructure & Onsite Services (IOS)
Infrastructure & Onsite Services is in charge of all Volvo Group IT infrastructure services. As the majority of these services are delivered by a partner, the mission is focused at governing and controlling this partner, as well as managing the remaining IT infrastructure delivery teams in Volvo.
The mission of Application Services is to Develop and Govern the Infrastructure Services for applications while ensuring their delivery and usage. By that, Application Services contributes to Volvo Group competitiveness by delivering standardized and fit for purpose infrastructure services, maintaining a balance between time to market, cost and quality.
We are now looking for one Lead Cloud Architect for Shared Cloud Infrastructure Services, Application Infrastructure
In this role, you will be reporting to the Director Application Infrastructure within Volvo Group IT/ Infrastructure & Onsite Services / Service Management. The Application Infrastructure Portfolio includes all infrastructure services enabling and supporting Volvo Group business applications.
The Application Infrastructure portfolio is divided into four sub-portfolios:
- Application Hosting sub-portfolio – application hosting platforms and services (Mainframe, IBMi, VMS, .NET, Java and cloud application hosting services)
- BI & Analytics sub-portfolio - platforms and infrastructure services for business intelligence, big data and analytics
- Integration, EDI & IoT sub-portfolio - platforms and infrastructure services for integration, EDI & IoT
- Shared Cloud Infrastructure sub-portfolio – the common cloud layer in order to be able to offer and expose services from Group IT appointed cloud providers
Role mission & context
In this role, you will have the overall and full responsibility for the architecture of the Shared Cloud Infrastructure Services. The Shared Cloud Infrastructure Services are the common cloud layer platform that enables secured, governed and supported services consumption from Group IT appointed cloud providers. Today the service is primarily focused on Microsoft Azure.
In close relationship with the partner(s) and in alignment with the overall Volvo Group target architecture, you will identify, design and enforce architectural choices that can support Volvo Group long term strategy, while on the other hand preventing architectural choices that can be an obstacle to it.
You will be part of a team where you manage the Shared Cloud Infrastructure sub portfolio. You will work closely with other Service Management teams, our partner’s Cloud Architecture team as well as other Volvo Group IT units such as Solution Delivery units, CIO Office and Center Of Excellence.
- Overall accountable for shared cloud infrastructure services architecture
- Establish and maintain the long term architecture roadmap for the Shared Cloud Infrastructure sub portfolio, aligned with and based on Service Management target architecture and the sub portfolio roadmap
- Securing infrastructure architecture compliance with corporate standards and directives
- Gather business and technical requirements for future services
- Contribute to service development or enhancement projects initiated by Application Services
- Ensure documentation of the architecture landscape for the sub portfolio
- Responsible for working closely with architects from other IOS teams to make sure that the underlying architecture, infrastructure services and technical decisions support the Shared Cloud Infrastructure services needs and SLAs
- Secure and manage infrastructure Portfolio technical standards (VIAP) and contribute to related processes and forums
- Collaborate with our internal Cloud Engineering, Cloud Adoption and Cloud Business office as well as with our main partner/infrastructure provider external IT suppliers
General skills required
- A strong personality and communicator
- Strong English written and oral communication skills, and the ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- Ability to meet the agreed targets, deadlines and goals without direct, day-to-day supervision
- Ability to work in an international team with colleagues that have diverse cultural backgrounds
Additional competencies and experience required
- Strong competence in designing and managing enterprise-level cloud infrastructure solutions
- Competence and experience in security, network and IAM architecture
- Competence and experience of modern application and cloud solutions architecture
- Experience with enterprise automation and orchestration
- Certified Microsoft Azure architect
- Experience from using frameworks like TOGAF, ITIL, ISF and modelling architecture using UML and ArchiMate standards
We can offer
You get an opportunity to work together with highly skilled colleagues in an exciting, global environment which provides opportunities to develop both professionally and personally. You will be a key player in the Volvo Group IOS organization. You will work in close collaboration with various stakeholders inside as well as outside the Volvo Group.
At Volvo Group, we are actively working to establish teams that will take maximum advantage of the strengths inherent in differences in knowledge, experience, age, gender and nationality.
Location: Flexible (preferably Gothenburg, Ghent or Lyon)
Travel required: Occasional
Application screening will start immediately, we look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible.
For further information please contact:
David Zakai, Director Application Infrastructure, Service Management IOS, phone: +46 739029541
Maria Börjesson, HR Business Partner for IOS, phone +46 31 3221030
Last application date: 2022-02-28
Target start date: 2022-03-28
Kindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.