Vehicle Engineering is responsible for the complete truck project deliveries, vehicle components and systems for the Truck brands within the Volvo Group. We work globally to innovate and develop systems and components for each truck brand based on common architecture and shared technology.
Job Summary:The Verification team is responsible for integrating & verifying the accurate and precise working of the Electronic Control Units (ECUs) within the truck system using guidelines and standards of Volvo. They also make sure that the queries from Industry and Aftermarket are addressed efficiently and are well supported. The team ensures that the verification activities are well documented and processes followed. The team members are also encouraged to come up with new methods for improving the verification process and to ensure efficient verification by reducing cycle time and improving productivity.
- Integrate and Verify ECU's and electronic network of a truck as defined in the test strategy.
- Perform activities according to the defined test plan and ensure coverage of all functionalities.
- Identifying test automation areas to the project team.
- Execute the test cases on the electronic network/ECU/component and review the test data in order to verify the safety and control features of the truck.
- Report non-conformance and raise issues as per defined strategy
- Identify test cases as per the test strategy to cover all functionalities.
- Review the test specification to make sure that the requirements are testable.
- Work in synch with system engineering and software development teams to better understand requirements for effective testing; participate in project meetings as necessary
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- BE/B.Tech in Electrical & Electronics / Electronics & Communication or similar stream
- 4-7 years of experience in testing of electronic controls in automobile industry.
- Sound Automotive engineering knowledge
- Automation testing knowledge (preferable)
- Very Good Knowledge of software tools in testing (CANalyzer / CANoe etc.)
- Experience in system level testing is an added advantage.
- Good Communication, Problem solving and analysis skills
- ECU and electrical network testing skills
- Test certifications (ISTQB Foundation) preferred
Reports to:Group Manager – Systems Engineering and Verification (TEA2BP) in Bangalore
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.