We are excited to announce that we are hiring a Regional Fleet Service Manager within the Southwest Region. This role will be responsible to function as the company's service contact for selected regional fleet and dealer accounts by providing the liaison, coordination, follow-up, and technical knowledge to ensure solutions for technical concerns. You will also interact with company personnel in Parts, Service, Reliability, Engineering, and outside vendors. This position may require representation of both the Volvo and Mack brands and demands a high degree of confidentiality of each brand.
Your responsibilities in this role will include (but not limited to):
- Maintain an ongoing contact with assigned Fleets and Selling Dealers
- Maintain an ongoing contact with assigned Dealers
- Take on a consultant role to transition into a proactive business strategy
- Provide technical solutions to customers' product problems
- Coordinate all activity between sales, parts, and factories to reduce quality problems and to maintain customer satisfaction
- Participate in paper pilots and vehicle pilot reviews. Make recommendations to vehicle specification to improve reliability and reduce warranty cost
- Provide technical training for technicians when necessary
- Work with reliability personnel, engineering personnel and others to resolve product problems.
- Make personal visits to customers, write Goodwill policy as necessary, provide professional customer responses providing alternate solutions and product concerns reported as necessary.
- Extensive travel can be required – up to 70%
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Change Facilitation
- Analytical Skills
- Problem Solving/Decision Making
- Technical/Functional Expertise
- Selling Intangible products
- Negotiation Skills
- External Relationships/Networking
- Lead with passion by valuing and respecting the opinions and ideas of others, show empathy and genuine care in all interactions, embrace diversity by engaging and including everyone at every level.
- Perform with purpose by articulating clear goals and expectations through open, authentic, and frequent communication/feedback. Empowering the team to take decisions and recognize successes and learn from mistakes. Prioritize and deliver results that make a difference to our employees and our customers.
- Transform with vision by looking for better ways and outcomes, embrace change and have a sustainability mindset
- You hold a bachelor’s degree in Engineering or business-related discipline – this is preferred.
- You have an Associate Degree in Diesel/Automotive Technology
- 5 years of automotive industry experience, preferably in a service or maintenance related role
- Minimum 1 year of experience in dealership operations or in a position with direct dealer interface
- 2 years of customer service experience
- Automotive Technology knowledge required
- Thorough knowledge of complex truck systems and how to repair them
- Understanding of retail truck business
Our technology sets the standard – our people make the difference all day every day.
Mack is part of the Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus and Volvo Penta.
We Participate in E-verify