The Mack Enterprise Architecture within the North American Digital and IT community Internship role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment and to promote the student’s career goals through contact with business professionals. Internships are structured learning experiences where interns and full-time professionals work together on projects within their selected area of the organization. The internship allows students to integrate their business process, IT, finance and human resources academic knowledge and skills with real world business processes and experiences.
The outcome is experience and growth for the intern and process improvement / new insights into the business for management. At the end of the internship, the intern will receive a formal written evaluation based on their work performance.
The internship position is for the Summer of 2022.
The Mack Enterprise Architecture Internship will be responsible for working with various internal and external stakeholders and partners. Activities include but are not limited to: business process analysis, Information flow and application analysis and documentation, support of projects to create As-Is as well strategic and tactical IT application landscapes and transformation scenarios.
• Support Projects with As-Is information and T-Be- documentation. This will be accomplished through observation and interviews.
• Capture, document, categorize and summarize observations and interviews
• Create IT process maps and landscapes from information gathered
• Document results in Global Enterprise architecture tools
• Discuss and align gathered information with Global teams and other Volvo Group Brands
• Present landscapes and transformation roadmaps to stakeholders
Skill Set Requirements:
• Applicants should be proficient in Microsoft Office Applications, especially Excel
• Strong analytic skills and problem-solving skills
• Advanced business communication and documentation skills.
• Teamwork and collaboration skills
• Self-starter with willingness to learn new tools in an international environment
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor's in computer science, data science, business management or information systems management at an accredited school.
- Applicant must have completed a minimum of 45 semester hours prior to the start of the internship.
- Applicant should have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Summer Interns can work up to 40 hours per week.
- Strong preference for Junior/Senior undergraduate students with 3.25 GPA.
Mack is part of the Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
We Participate in E-verify