About the PositionThe Production Engineer is a part of a cross-functional, goal oriented production team. In this role, you will secure assembly processes and performance, and implement Continuous Improvement initiatives in your area of responsibility. You will build capabilities to reach a world class level in operational excellence.
This position will sit in the factory environment at Macungie, PA.
Main activities and responsibilities for the role
- Responsible to develop the assembly processes with the goal of meeting manufacturing targets using Lean Manufacturing principles. And also responsible for safety, quality, delivery, and the cost of the production process, as well as projects.
- Responsible for creating & maintaining work instructions, determining the appropriate manpower levels, and provide line support and service to production.
- Industrialize new product and process changes according to project gate plan deliverables with zero disturbance mindset.
- Responsible for determining the assembly sequence, time standards, line balancing, station design, and tooling requirements.
- Lead continuous improvement activities focused on ergonomics, cost efficiency, productivity and performance.
- Implement Industry 4.0 technologies with flexibility for product and volume changes. Participate in Global and regional Manufacturing Engineering networks to contribute and roll out Manufacturing Engineering strategies.
Critical competencies and experience
We are looking for people who are energized and willing to learn and grow within the organization. You will work directly with the production technicians building a trusting relationship in order to tackle challenges and improve the assembly process. You are a role model for inclusion and diversity and your actions help keep the organization healthy and in balance. You love the challenges that our high paced and results oriented environment brings.
The candidate for this position must have a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or equivalent experience in a technical manufacturing role. Anyone who has experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred. This position does not require frequent travel.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Mack Trucks, Inc. offers a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package that includes health, life, dental and vision plans as well as a 401(k) with a company match incentive and a robust pension plan.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. Printed copies may not be the most current. Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action employer. E.O.E./M/F/D/V
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify