Are You Looking for a Rewarding Career? You Should Consider Us...
At Volvo Penta, our employees know what it takes to make a team work! Being part of that team means that you’re working with a global and very diverse group of passionate, enthusiastic and highly-skilled professionals from all walks of life who work and play hard. We’re so awesome that we’ve won the ”Great Place to Work” award two years running as well as being named, ”Employer of the Year,” by Diesel Progress magazine! This is absolutely a great place to belong with folks ready to welcome you onboard!
Who Are we?
Simply put, we’ve been around for a while and we know a thing or two about being a world-leading supplier of engines and drive systems for both marine and industrial applications to thousands of customers worldwide. We’re world leaders and innovative pioneers. Also, we’d like to point out that business has been good!
A Little About Where We Live and Work
”Hampton Roads” is an eclectic mix of coastal, urban, rural and historic communities that includes the cities of Chesapeake, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Virginia Beach, Hampton, and Newport News. Our test center marina is located on the water in Suffolk. We have beautiful beaches and state parks, and family-friendly attractions with Colonial Williamsburg, Busch Gardens and North Carolina’s Outer Banks within easy driving distance. The area is host to diverse dining and shopping experiences to suit anyone’s tastes. There are so many exciting things to do here in the area that we highly recommend you come and see it for yourself!
We are looking for a Marketing Brand Manager to join our team here in Chesapeake, Virginia.
What to Expect in this Position:
In this role, you will be responsible for researching and developing marketing concepts for the Marketing department, producing concepts that will lead to new marketing and generate increased revenue. Some other core responsibilities will include:
- PROMOTION: Promoting the company’s existing brands and introducing new products to our partners. You will also seek to promote and upsell services and products through branding and promoting value through customer experience, as well as developing strategies to educate and engage partners to grow their knowledge of Volvo Penta products.
- ANALYSIS: Analyzing and assisting with the preparation of annual marketing campaigns and plans, managing expenditures that will help the Marketing team meet their goals.
- MARKETING: Plan and execute marketing designs and activities to establish and maintain brand presence in the market
- Define product strategies and road maps
- Research and determine product weaknesses and areas to be modified
- Develop effective product positioning in the market
- Conduct competitive strategic analysis, consumer segmentation, and consumer insight development
- Coordinate activities of specialists involved in the brand positioning of the products
- FINDING OPPORTUNITIES: Identifying, researching and investigating trends, and developing marketing opportunities and plans based off those findings. You will also take time to understand our customers needs and anticipate new marketing opportunities for the marketing team.
- NETWORKING: You will be part of maintaining relationships with our important clients. You will be expected to stay current in the industry by attending educational opportunities, conferences and workshops, and maintaining personal and professional networks.
Additionally, you will be expected to travel (up to 25%) both domestically and internationally.
We Will Absolutely Need the Following:
- You’ll be speaking with employees at all levels within and outside the company, so you’ll need excellent communication and presentation skills, including fluency in speaking and writing English.
- Expert experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook, and familiarity with database and graphic design programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Adobe Create Suite).
- A project-oriented person with the ability to work with minimal instruction and supervision both individually as well as in a cross-functional team in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects with exceptional skills in setting priorities, planning, and managing a project to a successful conclusion.
- We need someone who has strong analytical, organizational, and creative thinking skills.
Minimum Requirements to Quality for this Position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, w/emphasis in Strategic Branding or marketing-related field. A Master’s degree is a plus.
- 4+ years’ experience in marketing and branding
- 2+ years in management
- 2+ years experience with data analysis and report writing
We offer an amazing benefit package, including:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Competitive compensation and continuing education
- Generous Earned Time Off (ETO) plan (vacation)
- 401K with matching
- And so much more!
Are you ready to work with a global and diverse team of highly-skilled professionals; a company dedicated to, safety, the environment, innovation and success? Apply today for the position of Customer Success Manager. We look forward to meeting you!
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. Printed copies may not be the most current. Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action employer. E.O.E./M/F/D/V
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify