Are you ready to shape tomorrow's society together with us?
Would you like to be part of a strong team, working to develop future chassis solutions including electrification and automation? Would you like to work in an enthusiastic and collaborative atmosphere surrounded by highly skilled colleagues to learn and share knowledge? Does the chance to develop new and advanced chassis solutions for Mack and Volvo Truck excite you?
Chassis Engineering in Greensboro, North America, now has an exciting opening for a Senior Castings Engineer – Chassis Structure where you will have the opportunity to own a 'zone' of a vehicle and be responsible for the design of the chassis structure.
If this type of opportunity motivates you – keep reading!
Who We Are
Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing, and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. We are committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions.
Chassis Structures is a highly skilled team in charge of the chassis development for the North America truck brands in the Volvo Group. We develop the complete chassis structure (such as frame rails, crossmembers, and the front node), are responsible for ride and comfort and providing anti-vibration solutions for the entire Mack and Volvo conventional truck product line.
The Chassis Structure team continuously collaborates with Testing teams, Suppliers and Manufacturing for validating and industrializing the designed components.
Our Offer to You
Volvo Group offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic and team-focused environment in a company that is well known for its state-of-the-art company culture and benefits. Our culture is about how we interact with each other, our customers, and with society as a whole. It helps us to achieve our business objectives, is firmly rooted in our history, and is critical to our company’s long-term success. It is the foundation on which everything else is built.
To work with us is to work with some of the world’s most iconic brands, and to be part of a reputation that has been earned for over a century. It is our responsibility to honor that heritage and build an even stronger future for our company moving forward. Each of our individual actions collectively define who we are as a company and how the world sees us.
Would you like to be a part of our team and join us on our journey?
What You Will be Doing
In this role, you will be design structural components for the chassis, with limited direction and supervision. Maintaining our brand reputation is crucial, and this position serves that mission by assuring compliance with all applicable vehicle regulations ((FMVSS, FMCSR, EPA, etc.). The Senior Engineer for the chassis structures area will have the opportunity to provide professional expertise within our major projects.
You will be responsible for:
- Designing structural components and systems for the chassis structure with a focus on castings
- Ensuring new designs fulfill business targets, requirements and Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Feature targets
- Front-loading work to ensure robust early-stage releases and stable late stage releases
- Releasing components as applicable to resolve maintenance issues or secure project deliveries
- Developing modular systems and components to optimize part diversity
- Ensuring component durability by requesting analysis and/or physical verification
- Integrating deliveries from others and secure quality readiness before release
- Developing and share acquired competence (e.g. training) and provide technical advice
- Communicating active project deliveries during team meetings
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Master’s degree preferred
- 5-8+ years of product development experience, preferably in class 8 heavy duty truck development
- Knowledge of casting design principles
- Experience with CAD (PTC Creo preferred)
- The ability to work in cross-functional teams to communicate and agree on the designs for assembly, cost, sourcing and aftermarket servicing
- Project management experience is a merit, as is excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Competitive base salary
- Solid group health benefits package (medical, dental, vision, disability, life, etc.)
- 401(K) with company match as well as additional contribution percentage
- Strong vacation benefits
- Volvo Group University for professional development
- Workplace Health and Wellness program
- Reimbursement programs
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify