Are you engaged in everything you do and desire to go that extra mile? If yes – then Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing (GTP) is the right place for you. GTP provides competitive advantages to the Volvo Group by selecting high performing suppliers to deliver the best possible products & services with the right quality output that add real business value for our customers.
GTP is located in 52 sites around the world, has 1,300 employees and a yearly spend of 120 BSEK. We have 2,550 suppliers in serial production that delivers 1,9 billion parts to Group Truck plants annually. We are a global team working with pride, breaking new grounds and capturing the latest innovations as well as supporting the brands and safeguarding Volvo Group synergies. We work together with speed and agility, in close collaboration, and with a strong mandate towards our suppliers and internal stakeholders.
Vehicle North America is the team in charge of the supplier base that delivers Cab, Electrical, Chassis and Vehicle Dynamics, Rubber and Sheet Metal components to build our Volvo and Mack trucks in North America. We own the responsibilities for these segments along the purchasing process (sourcing / projects / operations / revenue service parts) and work in a strong collaboration with our Global Vehicle strategic line. The team is responsible to drive end to end Purchasing activities whilst securing QDCF-TSR (Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability and Risk Management) targets.
We currently have an opening for a Manager Position for Vehicle Purchasing. The exact scope is yet to be defined.
This area is under a significant transformation in North America due to supporting all new projects in this region with the ambition to raise the bar for our Brands on all aspects of the QDCFTSR. This includes scouting and selecting new partners worldwide, capturing innovation that will bring value to our customers, and developing new ways of working both with partners and with our internal stakeholders.
As a Purchasing Manager in North America, you are responsible for strategic and operational activities within your area of scope pertaining to your region by implementing global methods. You are responsible to drive/manage day-to-day business and performance of your team of project and commodity buyers from QDCF-TSR standpoint. Your scope will include, but will not be limited to, managing supplier relationship, cross-functional collaboration, and contributing to supplier negotiation and global segment strategies.
Your target? To build a strong, cohesive team of purchasing specialists, to drive business excellence, and execute the needed change in an industry full of exciting challenges! You will need to be agile, think globally, act locally, and appreciate cross-functional work and global setups!
You will report to the Director of Vehicle, North America and will be based out of Greensboro, NC.
- Be a member of the Vehicle – North America Purchasing Extended Leadership team and be an active contributor to the team development
- Manage purchasing QDCF-TSR deliverables in order to support the regional and global business objectives
- For assigned responsibilities and commodities, ensure that all project sourcing and commodity plans are developed and delivered in a timely manner
- Provide input and execute the segment strategies and manage supplier selection/relationship/ partnership and negotiation
- Hold responsibility for budget and operating expenses
- Work in accordance with the Volvo processes, the Code of Conduct, and the Volvo Values
- Ensure collaboration with the other managers within the respective segment(s)
- Manage cross-functional interactions with Engineering in development of technical roadmaps, appoint supplier hosts within his/her area
- Give input to department purchasing business plan, entertain continuous improvement and sustainability
- 8+ years of strategic purchasing experience
- Automotive OEM or Tier 1 Supplier industry preferred, otherwise some form of heavy manufacturing
- People leadership experience, either as a direct manager or as a leader of a cross-functional team
- Able to execute in a global matrix organization
- Ability to analyze difficult situations, act quickly and directly
- Works well with cross-functional stakeholder on risks; opportunities and alternative solutions in mind
- Able to manage diversity and offer opportunities for personal/professional development
- Able to build an effective team with a common objective and strong morale and spirit
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/technology and/or Business Administration
- Competitive base salary
- Solid group health benefits package (medical, dental, vision, disability, life, etc.)
- 401(K) with company match as well as additional contribution percentage
- Strong vacation benefits
- Global organization with expansive career growth opportunities
- Volvo Group University for professional development
- Workplace Health and Wellness program
- Reimbursement programs
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing has 125 BSEK in purchasing annual spend and 2,550 supply chain partners in serial production. We deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers through scouting and working with high performing supply chain partners.
We support Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ through sustainability, business ethics and innovation. When you join Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,400 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. Joining us means working in a global context with people from diverse backgrounds and different nationalities while contributing to the core business and results of Volvo Group.
Diversity is important for us, we therefore put a lot of time and effort into creating an open and inclusive environment for all. We are extremely proud to say that we are almost as many females as men in our team. We are goal oriented and business focused people who believe that the best results are achieved while having fun and when we challenge each other. We offer unique opportunities where you can accelerate your career through competence development and connect with people who are truly passionate for purchasing. Join us and work where the action is!
We Participate in E-verify