This position assists and supports Human Resources Business Partners in various business units in all aspects of Human Resources through general HR processes, projects and initiatives, compilation and processing of HR data and documents, and general office tasks, data entry and filing. The Human Resource Coordinator fulfils a customer service role, fielding questions and processing forms for employees and managers in the supported business units in need of assistance and is also integral part of HR projects and processes. This position is part of a fully functioning Human Resource/Labor Relations team and will serve as cross functional support as needed.
- Supporting the Human Resource Business Partners through process, project, and document assistance and management in all areas of HR including recruitment, new hire orientation, tuition reimbursement, internships, talent and performance management, leadership development, employee surveys, payroll and compensation, benefits, HR initiatives and business support
- Developing and/or implementing effective processes and protocols to support the efficient documentation, processing and implementation of HR processes, projects and initiatives
- Collecting, sorting and analyzing HR data and completing projects assigned
- Participating in training, orientation, and HR initiatives
- Assisting management and hourly employees with questions, concerns and processing their HR needs
- Assisting in recruiting and hiring of employees including telephoning candidates, setting up interviews and medical evaluations and first day orientation
- Processing HR paperwork, including updates in SAP (HRIS), and new hire and benefits documentation
- Working closely with the HR corporate office to ensure and assist in the proper processing of HR requests and requirements
- Assisting in processing Payroll changes and adjustments in a timely and accurate way
- Supporting all functions of Human Resource department as needed
- Performing various office tasks including but not limited to typing, organizing, scanning, copying, filing, and written and oral communications
- Other tasks as assigned
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Proven ability to multitask and work on completing priorities in a fast paced, high volume environment
- Positive can-do attitude
- Readily takes on new tasks
- Seeks to learn more regarding HR and the business that we support
- Detail oriented
- Independent worker; takes initiative; problem solver; action oriented
- Ability to work with multiple managers and the HR Corporate office to complete tasks and resolve issues
- Proven PC skills: capable of analyzing, and accurately inputting and maintaining a volume of data in a timely manner to meet continuing reporting needs
- Operating Systems (Windows and MacOS) ...
- Office Suites (Microsoft Office, G Suite)...
- Presentation software (PowerPoint, Keynote) ...
- Spreadsheets (Excel, Google Spreadsheets, etc.) ...
- Communication and Collaboration tools (Skype, One Note etc.) ...
- Organized and able to plan
- Dependable, reliable, prompt and conscientious
- Ability to remain calm, productive and positive in tense situations
- Associate’s degree in Human Resources or 3 to 5 years HRIS experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel; and Power BI a plus
- Experience in HRIS
- Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in Human Resources in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience working in a Unionized workplace
- SHRM-CP is a plus
Mack is part of the Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus and Volvo Penta.
We Participate in E-verify