GTT (Group Truck Technology), Chassis Bangalore team is looking for an energetic and skilled aspirant to work in the pneumatics and electrical components installation as ENGINEER. If you are looking for a diversified experience by working across different cultures and various global products and be part of the latest trends and technology with great challenges and opportunities in supporting local and global sites, THIS is the right opportunity for you. We wish to create a diverse team with a good mixture of young, dynamic, experienced engineers and managers
THIS IS the US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
The group consists of passionate and enthusiastic engineers responsible for conceptualizing, designing, developing and delivering the projects in the brake system and installation area. Our objective as Brake System and Vehicle Control team at Volvo is to develop and deliver a robust solution ensuring the right quality, which meets the demands and satisfies the customer requirements. CUSTOMER SUCCESS IS OUR CORE VALUE. We want to make a difference by being there for our customers and by providing the uptime and reliable products. All over the world. Every day.
Being part of Brake System and Vehicle Control gives an enriched working experience and exposure to the latest trends and technology.
You'll have a chance to get hands-on experience with Volvo Group brand products such as VOLVO, Renault, MACK, and UD. This is your chance to join one of the Top Employer companies in India and embrace new career challenges within the automotive industry
This position will report to the Group Manager for Brake System and Vehicle Control in Chassis Engineering Bangalore.
- Have operational responsibility for the pneumatic & wiring installation in the layout.
- Drive the work from an operational perspective.
- Have the capacity to work individually or with a small team actively to secure the deliverables.
- Play an active role in the delivery.
- Integrate deliveries from others and secure quality and readiness before release
- Ensure the deliveries are made as per the requirement and timelines.
- Frequent interactions with their counterparts, clarify the requirements and deliver accordingly.
- Periodic updates about the jobs to the team leader and group manager.
- Develops and implements pneumatic & wiring installation projects within the area of assignment including related routing and clipping solutions
- Communicates relevant design and project requirements to external design counterpart as applicable if the detailed design is performed by an outside entity
- Ensures design correctness and completeness for all pneumatic & wiring installation releases within the area of responsibility
- Customer focus
- Decision quality
- Demonstrates self-awareness
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems
- BE/ BTech / M.Tech / MS in Mechanical Engineering or related field
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, TRAINING
- BE/ BTech / M.Tech/MS in Mechanical Engineering
- 4 to 5 years of automotive experience preferably in the truck industry
- Hands-on experience in the Creo and PDM tool.
- Strong in engineering fundamentals.
- Knowledge in the design and development of sheet metal brackets.
- Knowledge in the Creo piping module is an added advantage.
- Knowledge in mechatronics is an added advantage.
- Basic knowledge of the pneumatic and electrical components.
- Good knowledge about the truck layout and packaging of the components.
- Strong and fluent communication skills.
- Good knowledge of the materials and material selection
- Knowledge and good use of quality tools - SFMEA, DfaM, DFMEA, RCA, etc
- Knowledge of product development cycle
- Drive for results - Ability to develop project time plan, set goals and milestones and deliver own items accordingly
- Priority setting -Ability to perform simultaneously in multiple projects
- Team player - Has the ability to cooperate with the project team to meet the established end goal
- Communication - Communicates clearly and effectively, informs appropriately
- Self-improvement and integrity - Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself widely trusted as honest and direct
ARE WE THE PERFECT MATCH?
- Professional challenges and increasing business knowledge
- Defined career path
- Good atmosphere in a professional, developing team working with passion
We work together with energy, passion, and respect for the individual!
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.