We are looking for an Engineer who:
- Performs calculation and simulation on powertrain air/gas/fluid systems.
- Develops, correlates, and applies high fidelity physics-thermodynamics based 1-D engine models to predict and/or optimize system performance.
- Evaluates systems-level / engine performance on several auxiliary system such as air-handling / exhaust brake / oil lubricating circuit for hardware changes / operating conditions using simulation to reduce testing cost and effort.
- Analyzes simulation and lab data and provide results to team members so they can recommend actions to resolve issues or achieve program objectives.
- Writes technical report and provides results of simulation study for input in Technical requirement, knowledge management systems, methods guideline and for technical solutions.
- Establishes network for information exchange between other departments and globally within PE
Who are you?
To be successful in this position you need to be a team player and have an analytic mindset of a true problem solver.
You have experience from the automotive industry with great attitude working cross functional and have a willingness to learn and take more responsibility.
- BE/B.Tech/ME/M.Tech in Mechanical/Automobile Engineering with 4-5 years of relevant experience in 1D simulation & analysis of powertrain air/gas/fluid systems
- Software skill required: GT-Suite (GT-cool is preferred) or equivalent commercially used 1D simulation tools.
- Knowledge on optimization, python coding and Matlab
- Good understanding of Powertrain technology
- Strong commitment to deliver on time with consistent and strict adherence to quality.
- Be independent, pro-active, and continuously strive to improve.
- Good in presentation and communication skills
Powertrain Engineering Bangalore is a group in new Avatar that will work together with colleagues across the globe to provide world class solutions for propulsion system or subsystem, delivering value for end customers with applications spread across Trucks, busses, trucks, construction equipment and marine. The group belongs to Powertrain Engineering.
Powertrain is one of the main development areas within Volvo AB. It was established and was created to be in the forefront of environment friendly transport solutions for a more sustainable tomorrow.
In the Powertrain team, we are working in a cross-functional set up from system/function design & development, software integration and calibration to verification of our features in products.
Previous experience of working within powertrain domain is a must.
We believe teamwork and collaboration is the foundation for great products and an attractive workplace. Therefore, we work in an agile SAFe inspired way where everyone is part of a scrum team of 5-8 colleagues with complementary skills committed to a common purpose. Every team plans their own work and deliver solutions together as a team.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.