This position is applicable for a £2,000 Signing On Bonus
Shifts: - 40 hour week
- Excellent pay up to £19.00 pr hr (£39,500) + overtime and benefits
- 06.00 to 14.30 and 14.30 to 23.00 with a 30 min break
- Sat morning shift working as and when required
- Extra payments for Saturday mornings, Standby and Call Out
- Supervise a team of technicians ensuring that work is carried out as efficiently as possible
- Proactively select and develop lead/master technician to be able to stand in for specified supervisory tasks during times of peak activity.
- Agree resource plans with Workshop Controller (and actions to handle peaks in workload) and anticipate resourcing issues in advance
- Ensure technicians are fully briefed on job requirements and budgets per up-front job specifications
- Manage workshop work-in-progress versus job specification time budgets
- Manage job issues / problems in real time to control the quality of the repair
- Provide diagnostic and technical assistance to technicians to speed fault diagnosis and accurately specify repair solutions
- Ensure timely hand over of completed, fully specified jobs to CSR for invoicing
- Carry out effective shift hand over including any outstanding repair order & customer issues
- Significant experience of working as a Dealership Technician/Team Leader within the Commercial vehicle industry
- Good knowledge of VOSA requirements and MOT testers manual.
- An understanding of Operators Licence Laws and Regulations
- Warranty & Contract scope & procedures
- The application of Standard Times
- Knowledge of workshop KPI’s
- An in-depth understanding of the Service Process stages relevant to the role
- An appreciation of our customers, the environment in which they operate and the direct impact we can have on their business
- Technical product knowledge
- City and Guilds, NVQ 3 or equivalent in Commercial Vehicle Technology
- To be able to manage and motivate a team of technicians in their daily activities
- To be able to coach and provide support and guidance to your team of technicians.
- To be able to effectively communicate at all levels both written and verbally
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Outlook
- Overtime above basic weekly hours and for Saturday mornings.
- 25 days rising with service
- Opportunity to gain an IRTEC licence and IVR from our Training School
- Pension scheme
- Healthcare Scheme
- Employee discounts across retailers, cinemas, ++++
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discount on Renault and Volvo cars
Renault Truck Commercials Ltd is an equal opportunity employer
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
Since 1894, Renault Trucks supplies transport professionals with robust tools and robust relationships. The vehicles (from 2.8 to 120 tons) and services offering are adapted to different transport applications and contribute to reduce customers’ operational costs. With Renault Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.