Apprentice Parts Advisor Volvo Truck & Bus South & East
Volvo Truck and Bus - Ely
Lancaster Way Business Park, 8 Lancaster Way, Ely CB6 3NX
Be trained to a high level of morale and focus to ensure the highest possible levels of efficiency, quality of workmanship and production finish in order to sustain growth in customer confidence in the service provided by the Dealer point.Apprenticeship summary
Expected apprenticeship duration - 24 monthsPossible start date - August onwards 2022Apprenticeship level
- Working week
- 8:30am-4:30pm Monday-Friday
- Total hours per week: 40.00
- Advanced Level ApprenticeshipTraining
Supply Chain is at the heart of every business, especially a vehicle parts department. The Supply Chain Practitioner (including parts) Level 3 apprenticeship is delivered over 24 months and apprentices will be expected to complete self-study tasks during the programme. Development Coaches will deliver 1-2-1 and group sessions with ongoing guided support from the employer throughout the programme.
Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at Remit’s dedicated Academy in Derby. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you including accommodation and food while away on training.
As a result of your training, you will achieve:
• Supply Chain Practioner Level 3
• Functional Skills Level 2 in English & Maths (if required)Key responsibilities are likely to include:
• Forecasting customer demand
• Processing orders
• Liaising with suppliers to ensure timely deliveries of Vehicle parts
• Receiving and storing of vehicle Parts
• Lead the creation/development of Standard Operating Procedures
• Complete supply chain documentation for audit requirements
• Resolving problems including customer service issues
• Identify, manage and escalate risks to the businessRequirements and prospectsDesired skills
- To be able to effectively communicate at all levels both written and verbally.
- To be able to develop or work in developing new or enhancing existing processes.
- To be able to adapt and take on new skills and approaches.
- To be at all times a team player.
- To be at all times have a flexible approach to work commitments.
- To be at all times open and honest.
- To be at all times supportive of colleagues both in company and Distributor Organisation
GCSE A*-C or equivalent is required for this position.Future prospects
Progression to higher qualifications and potential full time position.About the employer
Volvo Truck & Bus South & EastDescription:
Volvo pride themselves on product innovation and excellence. Their standards are high and their service must be second to none. A successful business demands a skilled workforce to improve its bottom line. A skilled workforce demands training and knowledge. It's that simple. They provide a commitment to their customers that they will always receive second to none service levels, to do this they must ensure that their people are trained to the highest possible standards. That is why they created the Technician Apprentice Programme - widely considered to be the best throughout the truck and bus industry. At Volvo, their secret to providing consistently high levels of service is their people . 'Customers expect reliability, Volvo delivers it'. If you want a career with a leading truck and bus manufacturer, then you have come to the right place. They provide all our apprentices with the skills needed to become a qualified technician with a secure career. A Volvo trained apprentice will become a top class asset to their business for years to come.Training to be provided
Training is delivered in the workplace with one block release at Remit’s dedicated Academy in Derby, which is 3 days at the beginning of the apprenticeship, to learn about the components and familiarise with a Volvo Truck. Costs for accommodation, food and travel are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you.
The Supply Chain Practitioner (including parts) Level 3 apprenticeship is delivered over 24 months and apprentices will be expected to complete self-study tasks during the programme. Development Coaches will deliver 121 and group sessions with ongoing guided support from the employer throughout the programme.
Themes covered during the 21-month programme include:
- Stock levels and lead time
- Standard operating procedures and forecasting
- Procurement strategy
- Logistics and fleet planning
- Problem solving
- Data manipulation
Contact for more information