The Middletown Remanufacturing pant is in the midst of a change journey in an effort to continuously improve. This change journey presents a unique opportunity for a strong leader to provide leadership and supervision at a product line departmental level in a production environment with the goal of meeting production objectives.THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
Remanufacturing operation receives components that have exceeded their initial life cycle and restores them to their original performance specifications. The Reman center is committed to protecting the environment and has received multiple environmental awards. ROLE DESCRIPTION
As a Supervisor, this position is responsible for the production of remanufacturing components and assemblies supporting Volvo Group Trucks in North America.
Key Responsibilities Include:
WHO ARE YOU?
- Ensure a safe work environment for all employees using a methodical approach to risk identification and mitigation.
- Lead through a communicative leadership style, with two way communication and high employee engagement. Ensure all employees are aware of their responsibilities, how they contribute to the total result and that they are recognized for performance.
- Supervise blue collar workers.
- Maintain accurate time and attendance records for all departmental employees; initiate and record corrective actions to address attendance issues.
- Assess performance, competencies and flexibility of employees within the department and initiate appropriate training, counseling or corrective action to optimize the efficiency and effectiveness of the employees.
- Ensure the availability of skilled resources to consistently improve upon the performance of the department and readily adapt to evolving demands.
- Create an environment of success with the expectation of continuous learning
- Deliver the agreed and committed overall objectives for the product line.
- Participate in the development of departmental budges and objectives.
- Ensure that the product line is clearly formulated and motivated to achieve the Group Trucks Operations Middletown total business plan and strategy.
- Champion the culture aimed at giving a strong image of the unit and align with AB Volvo values and principles.
- Understand and apply the principles of lean manufacturing. Utilize the techniques and methodologies of the Volvo Production System (VPS).
- Initiate and follow up on restructuring and improvement projects.
- Actively support overall company programs and policies.
- Understand the collective bargaining unit agreements and collaborate with union officials.
You have an Associate’s Degree and three (3) years’ technical experience in a manufacturing environment OR five (5) years minimum combined education and experience within a manufacturing environment. It is preferred that you also have a minimum of two (2) years’ supervisory/managerial experience in a manufacturing environment, experience working in a lean manufacturing environment and a Bachelor’s degree. All documentation is in English, so you must have proficiency in the English language. A good understanding of the Volvo Group Business is also helpful.
You also exhibit the following competencies:
- Strategic Thinking – Customer Focus, Managing Diversity, Priority Setting
- Inspirational Leadership – Developing Direct Reports & Others, Informing, Delegation
- Courage & Integrity – Integrity & Trust, Fairness to direct reports
- Execution – Directing others, Perseverance, Drive for Results
- Self-Management – Learning on the Fly, Self-Development