Interested in switching from a Light Vehicle Technician to HGV?
If you are a passionate mechanic working with cars, vans, motorbikes and plant... and your career matters to you, consider switching to work on the biggest, most powerful trucks in the world - Volvo Trucks!
Volvo Trucks are now offering a unique opportunity at our Wellingborough site.
Who are you?
If you have a Level 3 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance & Repair principles - then apply today!
BECOME A PART OF SOMETHING BIG
We belong to Volvo Group, and we share an aim of becoming the world leader in sustainable transport solutions. It’s ambitious, but so are we.
Go for everything that matters - what do you want from your job as a technician? If you’re like us and think that everything matters – challenging technology, industry leadership, career opportunities and great team spirit – then Volvo Truck and Bus Centre in Wellingborough is the place for you.
Competitive hourly rate, shift allowance, regular overtime with enhanced hourly rate for overtime.
WHO WE ARE
At Volvo we believe in a work climate characterised by respect for the individual– your voice is heard and your ideas matter. The challenging jobs that we offer in a dynamic environment open the way for personal development and stimulating career opportunities. Our diverse workplace brings together people from all walks of life, with high skill levels and a diversity of outlooks.
We believe that diversity and inclusion increase engagement, generates innovation and develops our business. Along with challenging and stimulating tasks, all these things make Volvo Truck and Bus Centre an interesting place to work.
As one of approximately 95,000 Volvo Group employees all over the world, you will be treated with respect. Together we strive to create an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute to their full potential and be accepted for who they are.
Covering rotating shifts earlies/lates Monday to Friday
Your role will involve carrying out inspections, MOT preparation, diagnostic work and fault finding, carrying out repairs on engines, gearboxes, brakes and suspension systems on trucks and buses. You will also learn to use Volvo’s in-house systems and complete paperwork such as job cards and service sheets. We will help and support you to learn to work to Volvo Service Times.
At Volvo we invest heavily in the development of our employees - our unique conversion programme is a fantastic mix of college training at Volvo’s Training Academy, training from regional training managers and on-the-job mentoring, to help you convert your skills from working on LGVs to HGVs.
KEY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
- City and Guilds / NVQ Level 3 or equivalent, in Light Vehicle Repair and Maintenance
- Light vehicle experience – proven work experience on cars, vans, plant or motorbikes.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge and experience as a LGV Technician/Vehicle Technician/Plant Mechanic
ARE WE THE PERFECT MATCH?
- Competitive salary - up to £17 dependent upon location and experience
- Overtime @ enhanced pay rates
- Generous Pension Plan
- Health cash plan = access to dental insurance
- Enhanced holiday package
- Employee savings and retail discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Career development opportunities, along with training plans managed through our inhouse Technical training team.
- Support for you and your family through an online Wellbeing centre
- Volvo savings centre - retail and cinema discounts