At Volvo Digital & IT, we have a clear ambition to enable value creation at scale for the Volvo Group. With a new product centric operating model and digital technologies, we will produce digital offerings that are profitable, scalable, and differentiated. With Volvo Digital & IT, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals, who learn continuously and embrace change to stay ahead. We have a very important role to play in reaching the Volvo Group ambitions for 2030. Do you want to be part of our transformation journey towards becoming the digital capability of the Group? The time is now.This is us - your colleagues
‘Data’ is a new function within Volvo Digital & IT with the goal to unlock the power of data for the full Volvo Group to become a fully data-driven company! With data, the core component of our transformation journey, we will, together with our data talents, make the Volvo Group 2030 vision happen. We will take care of all the aspects of Data, how it is quality assured, documented, made available, prepared and consumed through BI, Analytics and Machine Learning. We have an ambitious transformation in front of us, with an implementation of the Data Layer in Azure as well as the reinforcement of Data Governance and Data Management in the full Group.
The ‘Data’ function is a large multi-cultural organization with 600+ employees and contractors located mainly in 7 countries - Sweden, Poland, India, Belgium, Brazil, USA, and France. In this role you will be joining the Data Architect Chapter team in France.
We collaborate with other parts of the organization, both in Volvo Digital & IT, with Truck Divisions, Business Areas and Group Functions. We foster an environment where ideas, thoughts and opinions can be shared. We are team players with clear common ambitions, and we win together.Role Description
This is how you could make an impact:
Are you the one?
- Create - You will participate in the collection of business needs and translate them into Data architecture on Azure Cloud, define technical solutions using our BI / Advanced Analytics and data integration services, provide support to BI projects during the implementation phases. You will contribute to the evolution of our Azure platform through prototyping and tech-watch. And you will benefit from dedicated trainings to maintain and develop your skills.
- Collaborate - with other Data Architects, Data Analyst, Data Engineers, Data Scientists and business stakeholders to increase the long-term quality of delivery and learning
- Change management – you will collaborate with product owners and key users to capture new demands and prioritize backlog. You will work with your IT team on analysis and estimations as well as coordinate end to end delivery of enhancements. You are in charge of supporting Volvo Group in the implementation of projects on the new Volvo Group Data platform on Azure.
- Hands-on work – you will be the technical expert in your team and you will be involved in development of requested features, testing, coordination with other IT teams and business stakeholder and you will provide technical guidance to your colleagues.
- Application maintenance – you will provide advice, assistance and leadership associated with the planning, design and improvement of service and component availability and performance. You will monitor end user experience with the services and drive activities to improve their satisfaction working with the solutions.
A perfect match?
- You have a master degree or equivalent in IT
- Data Architecture has been your world for 3-5 years now
- Writing SQL and doing data modelling are natural to you
- You are an expert in Data Architecture design
- You have knowledge in Azure components like ADFv2, Databricks, Synapse, Delta lake
- You have knowledge in Azure Advanced Analytics technologies and frameworks
- You have knowledge in Advanced Analytics related programming language: Python, Pyspark
- You have knowledge of the (Microsoft) cloud based delivery model
- You have knowledge in Data Management, Data Governance and Data Quality
- You have knowledge in Data Mesh
- You have experience with API or microservice deployment
- You have experience with real time/streaming data
- You have experience working in a DevSecOps team
- You have an appreciation of the purpose and the practices of Agile
- You have experience working in a global environment
- You have demonstrated a growth and learning mindset.
- You have excellent communication skills in French and English (C1 level)
Imagine yourself working with the sharpest and most creative brains in the transport and infrastructure industry, developing cutting-edge technologies and sustainable transport solutions that will change the future of society.
Imagine yourself working with IT in a company that really believes people are its driving force, fostering a culture of energy, passion and respect for the individual.
Imagine yourself working for the Volvo Group, a global leader in sustainable transport solutions. A place where your voice is heard, where your ideas matter. Together we move the world.
Will you join us?
Did you know? For many years, as a “disability friendly” company, Renault Trucks SAS has been committed to including people with disabilities in our professional environment.