The Volvo Group North America Digital & IT Development Program does not offer current or future sponsorship. Individuals with temporary visas or who require sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future are not eligible for the program.Volvo Group North America Digital & IT Development Program – Your ticket to a world of opportunities Infrastructure Operation Specialist - IOT
Imagine yourself working with some of the sharpest and most creative brains in the transport and infrastructure industry, developing cutting-edge technologies and sustainable transport solutions that will change the future of society.
Imagine yourself working with IT in a company that really believes that people are its driving force, fostering a culture of energy, passion and respect for the individual.
Imagine yourself working for the Volvo Group, a global leader in sustainable transport solutions. A place where your voice is heard and your ideas matter. Together we move the world.
So what do we do at Volvo Group Digital & IT? For us, AI & Machine Learning, IoT, Cloud, Mobility, UX, cyber security, advanced analytics and other IT areas are top priority bringing Volvo Group into the future. Will you join us? What is the Volvo Group NA Digital & IT Development Program?
The Volvo Group NA Digital & IT Development Program gives you a unique opportunity to gain a holistic view and understanding of the Volvo Group and the full Digital & IT community. It will be kick-start to your career through different assignments or parts of the organization, networking, professional and personal development. Upon completion of the program, you will continue to work in the position you were recruited in, either in the same delivery or in another assignment.
From the start, you will have a full-time position within the Volvo Group. During the one-year program, you will work on real projects, side by side with colleagues. In parallel, you and your fellow program participants will take part in common learning modules designed to help you grow your network, develop as a person, and prepare you for your future career in the Volvo Group. What will you do?
You will work in a project or delivery team, where global complexity and business innovation are part of your daily work. You will have a home base together with colleagues working in the same field as you, where you share knowledge and experiences.
The tasks will differ depending on which delivery you will be assigned to. As a member of the daily work in your assignment and the Digital & IT Development Program you will be involved in a lot of different activities such as:
- Interface with the industrial group to integrate PLC, robots, and other industrial devices into the network
- Facilitate the communication of the industrial devices and IoT platforms
- Manage the requirement process and coordination in projects or programs
- Work in pre-studies, projects, or in runtime delivery
- Execute time-critical support of industrial IT solutions
- Drive and support change management initiatives
- Collaborate and communicate with the IT team and business stakeholders
In the initial steps of your professional development, you will work close together with senior colleagues and you will find a lot of training and career opportunities within Volvo Group Digital & IT Community. Do you have what it takes?
- A BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering science, Information Technology, or other equivalent/related programs.
- Maximum 18 months previous working experience prior to, or after graduation
- A passion for continuous learning
- A driven high achiever full of curiosity, self-confidence, and organizational skills
- A strong communicator who works well within a team, respects others, always encourages and supports colleagues with the customer goal in mind.
- Fluent in the English language including reading, writing, comprehending, and speaking.
- Ability to present to various levels of management.
- Good knowledge of network protocols
Who are you?
- Academic experience with microcontrollers development, Arduino, and Raspberry
For us, IT is all about collaboration. This means that you have strong communication skills and the ability to interact with peers, colleagues, managers, and other departments around in the organization. We’re looking for people who have the will to learn from each other, who will always support the team and understand that together we reach further than going solo. To manage this position, we also believe it's important to have:
- Courage & Integrity: You are empowered and have the courage to act and demonstrate self-awareness, meaning you admit mistakes, fix them, and learn from them
- Customer Focus: You listen to and talk with your customers about their needs, desires, and challenges
- Result Oriented: work based on agile principles focusing on anticipating value to the business
- Strategic thinking: You see the bigger picture and know when to let go of an idea, a project, or a plan
Occasional travel is required.