Are you an experienced Software Engineer with a knack for delivering state of the art software? Do you enjoy working with a highly collaborative and innovative team? Does the opportunity to lead the transportation transformation for Volvo & Mack Trucks excite you?
If so, we are seeking a Security Software Engineer to join our team in Mountain View, CA!Who We Are:
Aligned with its mission of driving prosperity through transport solutions, Volvo Group has recently created a new business area, Volvo Autonomous Solutions, to accelerate the development, commercialization and sales of autonomous transport solutions. This will enable the Volvo Group to meet a growing demand and to offer the best possible solutions to customers in such segments as mining, ports and transport between logistics centers, as a complement to today’s products and services
Autonomous transport solutions, based on self-driving and connectivity technologies are well-suited for applications where there is a need to move large volumes of goods and material on pre-defined routes, in repetitive flows. In such situations, autonomous transport solutions can create value for customers by contributing to improved flexibility, delivery precision and productivity. The aim of this new business unit is to ensure a leading position in this new and competitive transportation arena. Our VAS office in California is located in Mountain View.What You Will be Doing:
As a Security Software Engineer on the Autonomous Solutions Security Team you will focus various aspects of the autonomous vehicle security including the embedded ECUs and their lifecycle. You will be involved in designing and developing novel and unique solutions on multiple levels from embedded to cloud. You will be a part of a dynamic team committed to high quality software products being delivered to the end user.
Who You Are:
- Adhering to software engineering best practices
- Contributing to a healthy company culture and team spirit
- Conveying ideas, and solutions to peers and upper management
You are skilled Software Engineer fluent in software development processes and methodologies and have keen interest in computer security. You have excellent communications skills, curiosity for new technologies, willingness to learn new skills, and are a strong team player.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- 3-5+ years of related engineering experience
- Experience building applications for Linux/Unix and/or Real-Time Kernels
- Strong coding skills in Python and/or C/C++
- Solid understanding of networking protocols and building blocks: IP, DNS, HTTPS
- Familiarity with Git or equivalent version control systems
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineer or a related field.
- Good understanding of software/hardware interfaces in the automotive context
- Experience in developing concurrent and multi-threaded software, distributed systems, real-time systems, and redundant fail-safe products
- Experience or familiarity with ARM, TrustZone, Secure Boot, AutoSAR stack
- Hands-on experience with Docker, K8s, Nomad, Terraform, Vault
- Contributions to opensource projects
- Compensation tied to actual skills, experience and qualifications
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid caregiver and parental leave policies
- Family building benefits, including fertility support and adoption assistance
- Competitive matching retirement savings plans
- A working environment where your safety, health and wellbeing come first
- Programs that make today’s challenging reality of combining work and personal life easier