Want to Join Our Journey Towards Excellence? This is us, your new colleagues
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta. We work cross-functionally and globally to exceed our customer’s expectations to reach World Class Manufacturing level. We have exciting work in front of us, and more on the horizon! The automotive world is changing rapidly and to be part of this big change is an exciting movement. Many growth opportunities await for individuals who are willing to join our team on this challenging journey. Want to learn more about Hagerstown?
We are the Heart. We develop and produce heavy-duty diesel engines, transmissions and axles for Volvo Group Brands. In operation since 1961, we are a proud supportive member of the community of Washington County and its surrounding areas.
Volvo GTO, Powertrain Production Hagerstown now has a vacant Toolmaker(s) position available. We are looking for a highly engaged colleague that wants to join us and the Volvo Group to help achieve our vision of becoming the most desired, innovative and successful transport solution provider in the world. Summary
The candidate will be responsible to construct, alter and repair tools, dies, jigs, fixtures and gages. Candidates must be willing to maintain good attendance, follow and maintain safety procedures and protocol. Core Responsibilities:
- Must be able to work independently or under direction of Shop Manager
- Troubleshoot tooling issues and machine, replace or repair parts as required
- Set up, program, and operate all Toolroom machinery including but not limited to CNC Mills and Lathe with Live Tooling, all manual mills, lathes and grinders
- Program CNC equipment utilizing Esprit software
- Work within a Team mindset alongside a Team of Skilled Toolmakers
- Knowledge of and ability to use precision measuring instruments and gages to verify machined components are within specifications.
- Keep required documentation as directed by Manager.
- Always keeps work area and equipment clean and orderly
- Follow general shop etiquette- indicate vices, tram heads etc.
- Work with other crafts within the maintenance team and production department to troubleshoot and repair malfunctioning machinery and equipment
- Follow all standard shop safety practices and wear required PPE as required
- The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job
- Must be able to Process parts from print to completion utilizing all Toolroom machinery
- Strong Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Working knowledge of machinery and different machine systems
- Working knowledge of computers, Cad/Cam and Microsoft applications
- Must be able to apply Lean principles to shop environment
- Strong mathematical skills
- Minimum Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Must have UAW Journeyman’s card or documented experience as a Toolmaker to obtain Journeyman’s card. This can consist of 8 years of documented previous experience, or documented combination of work experience and training equal to a bona fide apprenticeship program.