Join us on our transformation journey to the digital future
At Volvo Group Digital & IT, we have a clear ambition to enable value creation at scale for the Volvo Group. With a new product centric operating model and digital technologies, we will produce digital offerings that are profitable, scalable, and differentiated. With Volvo Group Digital & IT, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals, who learn continuously and embrace change to stay ahead. We have a very important role to play in reaching the Volvo Group ambitions for 2030. Do you want to be part of our transformation journey towards becoming the digital capability of the Group? The time is now. This will be us - your new colleagues within Infrastructure & Onsite Services
Infrastructure & Onsite Services is in charge of all Volvo Group D&IT infrastructure services. As the majority of these services are delivered by a partner, the mission is focused on governance, as well as managing the remaining IT infrastructure delivery teams in Volvo.Application Infrastructure
Application Infrastructure is part of the Application Services department within IOS. The mission of Application Infrastructure is to Develop and Govern the Infrastructure Services for applications while ensuring their delivery and usage. By that, Application Infrastructure contributes to Volvo Group competitiveness by delivering standardized and fit for purpose infrastructure services, maintaining a balance between time to market, cost and quality.
The Application Infrastructure organization is divided into three functions/teams:
Shared Cloud Infrastructure is now looking for a Service Area Lead
- Application Hosting – application hosting platforms and services for Mainframe, IBM, VMS, .NET and Java, cloud application hosting services
- Integration & BI - platforms and infrastructure services for integration, EDI (on premise & cloud) and Business Intelligence (on premise)
- Shared Cloud Infrastructure – the common cloud layer in order to be able to offer and expose services from Group D&IT appointed public cloud providers
We are looking for a Service Area Lead to join our governance and platform development of the public cloud platforms offered to the Volvo Group. In this role you will have the responsibility for the Shared Cloud Infrastructure Services development. The Shared Cloud Infrastructure Services are the common cloud layer platform(s) that enables secured, governed and supported services from Group IT appointed cloud providers.
You will functionally manage and be part of a team responsible for the Shared Cloud Infrastructure sub portfolio. You will work closely with the Lead Cloud Platform Engineer, Lead Cloud Architect, Product Owners and other Volvo Digital & IT units.Key responsibilities include:
This is how you can make an impact
- Foster cloud governance processes and ways of working
- Be a point of contact for the Shared Cloud Infrastructure Services
- Be a part of the stable product team for the Shared Cloud Infrastructure Services
- Deliver the platform development based on business requirements and technical requirements.
- Deliver service release notes and service-related information and documentation
- Manage the service lifecycle of the services in the sub portfolio
- Financial responsibility for new development and enhancement budget and follow up
- Collaborate with Product Owner to set prioritization of development and enhancements for the Shared Cloud Infrastructure Services.
- Define and follow up sub portfolio SLA, KPI:s, PI:s, metrics and reports
- Drive the dialog with appointed external IT suppliers
You will be part of a central team responsible for industrializing (architecture, implementation, automation), maintaining and improving the platform from a technical standpoint accordingly to business needs monthly. Working closely with architects, cloud platform engineering, service management and finance you will be making sure we enable the business to create business value at scale in a secure and timely manner.Who are you?
We believe you are either an experienced IT leader with a strong interest in public cloud, or an excellent coordinator having experience working with public cloud.
We believe you want to take your career to the next level, working with amazing people around the world. To be successful in this position we believe you have:
- Strong personality and communicator skills being able to manage a large number of different stakeholders
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to meet the agreed targets, deadlines and goals without direct, day-to-day supervision
- Ability to work in an international team with colleagues that have diverse cultural backgrounds
- Ability to work agile with a stable product team
- Ability to quickly comprehend the capabilities of new technologies
- Ability to build and maintain trustful working relationships with stakeholders, peers, external partners and colleagues
- Strong competence in managing enterprise-level infrastructure solutions
- Strong competence and experience of public cloud service management
- Strong experience in managing relationship and negotiations with IT supplier(s)
- Strong experience with IT service operations
- Experience with modern application and public cloud solution architecture
- Experience with Agile/Scrum toolsets such as Azure DevOps
If you join our team you can make your mark on how one of the largest automotive companies in the world is making a shift to public cloud. By that you can also have an impact on the future of transportation and automotive industry.Are we a good match?
To achieve our goals, we collaborate within and across teams. We create a sense of unity and trust by nurturing open dialogues and collective work. We build a work environment where diversity in expertise, opinion and culture is valued.Flexible locations:
For more information please contact Hiring manager: Söderlund Christian +46 739027415
Kindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site.