Are you an inspired and motivated professional looking to work with a team of passionate engineers devoted to building a new tomorrow?
WELCOME TO THE TEAM!
“UX and HMI” is a department within Volvo CE. Our purpose is to deliver best in-class User experience for Volvo CE products across the globe. We also play a big part in designing the experience of the future, including tele-operated and autonomous machines.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fantastic team with an ownership mentality, working with truly disruptive technology, while at the same time being a part of the world-renowned Volvo Group. We are currently expanding our group of developers and are eager to find enthusiastic and devoted android developers. With our award-winning Co-Pilot tablet and an exciting next-gen solution in development, Android is becoming core to many strands of our work. If your interest lies in building android strategies, architecture and developing app for our futuristic machines, there is a place for you here.
As part of our team you will drive and participate in Continuous improvement of our ways of working and will be encouraged to dream big, dare to fail, innovate and always invest time in personal development. Our teams work in a cross-functional agile setup and we really support each other, so you will quickly feel part of the work environment. You will join a Scrum team of enthusiastic and talented individuals, and collaborate with other teams on a daily basis, making sure we continue to deliver great products.
WHO ARE YOU?
As we are looking for an android expert, you will have experience in Android development using Java and Kotlin.
The main responsibilities include:
- Build and evolve Android development strategies, process and roadmaps
- Drive HMI concept selections & investigations
- Coach team members in the daily activities and secure software is developed in line with strategies and process
- Regular communication and sharing knowledge to the team on architecture, strategies & roadmaps
- Be a developer and lead by example
Requirements & qualifications:
- Android app / service development across full software lifecycle
- Highly valued is android full stack development capabilities
- Agile development (Scrum / Kanban) and associated tools such as JIRA.
- Build tools / DevOps experience, Git, Gerrit, Gradle, Jenkins, CI/CD
- Linux and/or embedded development
- Experience in Cyber security, PKI, SELinux/SEAndroid is meriting
- Experience in Android Testing Frameworks such as Espresso and Squish is meriting
- Experience of working in Test Driven and/or Behavior Driven Development is meriting
We believe strongly in a knowledge sharing culture. If you already have extensive experience, we would love for you to take an active part in enhancing our practices, and leading by example. In exchange you will really get to test your skills as you work on some of the most fun and rewarding projects in the industry.
You may have competence in construction machine technology, or a high interest in working with our yellow machines, however neither is required and just considered meriting. You definitely have a techie mindset!
You are an open and creative person with a can-do attitude. You are fluent in English, both written and spoken, and you either speak Swedish or are eager to learn a new language. In any case, you love being part of a dynamic, multicultural and fun team so you will fit right in!
ARE WE THE PERFECT MATCH?
If this sounds interesting (we really hope it does – we love our jobs!) just send in your application and we will be thrilled to start getting to know you.