Are You Looking for a Rewarding Career? You Should Consider Us
At Volvo Penta, our employees know what it takes to make a teamwork! Being part of that team means that you’re working with a global and very diverse group of passionate, enthusiastic, and highly skilled professionals from all walks of life who work and play hard. Volvo Penta has won the ”Great Place to Work” award two years running as well as being named, ”Employer of the Year,” by Diesel Progress magazine! This is absolutely a great place to belong with folks ready to welcome you onboard!
Who is Volvo Penta?
Simply put, Volvo Penta has been around for more than 100 years and we know a thing or two about being a world-leading supplier of engines and drive systems for both marine and industrial applications to thousands of customers worldwide. We’re world leaders and innovative pioneers.
A Little Bit About Our Team…
The Product & Customer Support Department for Volvo Penta Region Americas (VPA)—headquartered in Chesapeake, Virginia—is responsible for technical support, warranty administration, product training, and customer relations for gasoline and diesel engine products for authorized OEMs, power centers, dealers as well as end users. Distribution of technical information, authorization of major warranty repairs, claim and registration processing, and resolution of customer issues are the primary functions of this department.
We are now looking for a Manager, Technical Support to join us here in Chesapeake, Virginia.
What is the Job?
As a Manager, Technical Support, you will be responsible for the day-to-day supervision of all Dealer Technical Support and Customer Relations activities for North and Central America. Some of your core responsibilities will include:
- Providing direct oversight of all day-to-day activities of the Dealer Technical Support department, including call center / service case management, staff scheduling & development, technical/non-technical guidance, and orchestrating case escalation resolution.
- Providing guidance and support for Customer Relations case escalations.
- Authorizing warranty and goodwill repairs for Technical Support and Customer Relations under the guidelines of the North American Warranty Policies & Procedures publication and in compliance with the Volvo Penta Authorization Directive.
- Liaising between Technical Support, Customer Relations, Field Service, Dealer Development and Key Customer Support to provide clear escalation paths and processes to resolve customer issues.
- Leading and/or participating with continuous improvement initiatives designed to lessen response time to the dealer network and their customers to improve overall customer satisfaction.
- Developing and ensuring competency within the team to support all current products as well as future product initiatives relating but not limited to: Electromobility, Alternative Fuels. Connectivity and Remote Diagnostics.
- There is a travel expectation for this role of up to 30% both domestically and internationally.
As a Manager, Technical Support at Volvo Penta, you will be afforded the opportunity to work with some exceptionally skilled colleagues as well as experience some truly exciting challenges that will benefit you both professionally and personally. Are You Looking for a Challenging Leadership Opportunity?
To be successful in this role, we need someone with:
As with Most Companies, You Also Need the Following:
- Strong mechanical/technical expertise in troubleshooting, repair, and installation of Volvo Penta engines and transmissions in marine and industrial applications.
- Knowledge of retail dealer, distributor, and power center service operations as well as repair shop functions and practices.
- The ability to solve problems and communicate analyses of issues with both external and internal customers in order to determine, prioritize, and delegate a quick and efficient resolution.
We require the following education and experience for this role:
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook, and familiarity with database programs
- You’ll be speaking with employees at all levels within and outside the company, so you’ll need excellent communication skills, including fluency in speaking and writing English.
We offer an amazing benefit package, including:
- An undergraduate technical degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum 5 years’ of experience in retail, or wholesale marine or industrial equipment business—particularly relating to the service function of that business.
- As this is a management position, a minimum of 5 years’ experience in supervising/managing service personnel is required.
- Experience and certifications with Electromobility, Alternative Fuels. Connectivity and Remote Diagnostics preferred.
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Competitive compensation and continuing education
- Generous Earned Time Off (ETO) plan (vacation)
- 401K with matching
- And so much more!
Are you ready to work with a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals; a company dedicated to, safety, the environment, innovation, and success? Apply today for the position of Manager, Technical Support. We look forward to meeting you!
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. Printed copies may not be the most current. Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action employer. E.O.E./M/F/D/V