APPLICANTS MUST BE LOCATED IN ONE OF THE FOLLOWING CITIES AND STATES TO BE CONSIDERED:
New Jersey (South Planfield, Secaucus), Tennessee (Goodlettsville), Florida (Jacksonville, Orlando), Texas (Fort Worth, Houston), California (Mira Loma, San Francisco), Illinois (Chicago, Elgin), Washington State (Seattle), Washington DC
This is a specialist level, where technicians are assigned responsibilities for performing highly skilled mechanical work in the repair and maintenance of coaches. Responsibilities may include trouble-shooting repair needs which are difficult to identify; independently completing major repair projects, or directing projects requiring a team effort, including supervision of others in the completion of some work.
- Work independently or in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Diagnose and repair Electrical. HVAC, suspension, Pneumatic and Brake Systems
- Provide training, assistance, and mentoring of fellow coworkers
- Respect and care for the customer and their equipment
- Develop personal professional and technical skills on an ongoing basis
- Act as a worthy representative of Prevost at all times
- Foster teamwork and improved communications between sectors at all times
- Respect the rules and guidelines of the company
- Demonstrate leadership through application of the RED CARPET POLICY
- Uphold and promote corporate core values
- Comply with the quality and safety standards of the organization.
- Provide customer service while upholding the level of performance and quality and quality of the motor coach to ensure repeat business and continued loyalty of our customers.
- Diagnose and repair customer equipment
- Complete documentation thoroughly and timely according to company requirements
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment on a continuous basis
- Verify the materials and equipment used in compliance with ISO guidelines
Knowledge, Skills & Ability:
- Pass required aptitude test
- Advanced troubleshooting and diagnostic abilities
- Go to type person in areas of expertise
- Ability to look up parts efficiently and independently
- Assist customers over the phone with technical issues and / or questions
- Fill in for team leader when needed
- Be proficient in electronic media and laptop use
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma, or GED required
- Maintain all requirements for Level 1 and Level 2 technician.
- 4 years of qualified mechanical experience or technical school graduate.
- Proactively acquire and expand knowledge of the latest technology and systems in the industry
- Possess comprehensive set of tools requires to perform function of a level 3 technician
- Ability to read and write
- Comply with DOT physical standards
- EPA certifications for the safe handling of refrigerant
- Physical Demands:
- Standing long periods of time
- Exposure to extreme weather variances
- Lifting heavy objects
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Countless career opportunities / internal mobility across our global organization
- State-of-the-art training and personal development
- PTO and tax deferred retirement plans, varied by business
We also offer an array of additional benefits and programs that make today’s challenging reality of combining work and personal life easier. We will gladly share this information and more at any time during the interviewing process or as part of your offer letter.
At the Volvo Group, we strive for a clear, transparent, and straightforward compensation approach, motivating you to contribute to the company’s growth. For this position, the hourly rate is set at $30.00 - $50.00, and where applicable, bonus eligible. The range for this role, as well as final salary offered, is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, geographic location, work-related knowledge, certifications, skills, education, and experience. In addition to these factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as part of any final offer.