Our employees describe Volvo Penta as a great place to work, built upon respect and commitment. We encourage people to take individual responsibility and offer exciting assignments in a highly innovative environment. We strongly believe that high performance comes from having fun at work and the courage to think outside the box. It is our people that make the difference!The role
We are looking for an experienced diagnostics engineer for our development projects.In this role you will:
- Together with the teams, be responsible for diagnostics development strategies. The objective is to meet legislation with maximized robustness and customer uptime.
- Serve as a technical advisor regarding on-board diagnostics compliance requirements and give guidance and direction to ensure that compliance is maintained.
- Interpret and break down requirements for standards, legal demands, outcome of functional safety activities, as well as Volvo Penta internal quality processes.
- Lead processes, Ways of Working, best practices development for efficient cross-functional coordination of OBD related activities.
- Work closely with our compliance office teams, system architects, function developers, safety engineers, engine calibration engineers, validation engineers and field test department.
This job opportunity is unique with its responsibility, possibility, and privilege to build our diagnostics competence within the Engine Development & Calibration organization.
The position offers excellent opportunities for you to use your own initiative and to carry out continuous improvements to the operation by setting the future way of working for Volvo Penta.Who are you?
To qualify for this role you should have:
Are you recognizing yourself in our description?
- More than 5 years of experience from diagnostics work (test/fault injection, calibration, function development, requirements handling), from vehicle/vessel propulsion, fuel cell or electrical power distribution systems.
- Good understanding of OBD regulatory texts.
- Experience with rules and standards is highly meritorious.
- Involvement in Functional Safety activities is highly meritorious.
- Work with requirement handling software (SE-Tool, System Weaver) is meritorious.
- Excellent analyzing and communication skills.
- General technical interest and curiosity: Volvo Penta’s product portfolio covers everything from heavy duty on-road, off-road, genset to marine commercial and leisure applications.
We would love to meet you! Send in your application and take your next step in your career with us.For further information, please contact:
Manager Andreas Samson +46 31 322 42 96
Kindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site.