Volvo Truck and Bus are one of the World’s leading manufacturers of commercial vehicles. At Volvo Truck and Bus we are passionate about what we do and who we are. We believe our employees are our greatest asset to enable us to deliver excellent service to our customers. Our culture promotes training and development to help individuals reach their career goals and encourages positive working relationships between staff and managers where ideas are valued.
We are looking for a forward thinking, motivational leader to join our team as a Service Manager at our Ayr depot. You will play a crucial role in driving the business forward and take ownership for the strategic business development and operations of our Ayr depot.
It is the Service Manager’s responsibility, through the management and development of their people and customers to grow the profitability of the business, striving to exceed the best motor industry standards in financial productivity, operating standards and customer and employee satisfaction.
Your responsibilities will include however will not be limited to the following:
- Full responsibility for delivering business results in line with agreed budget/forecast
- Working hand in hand with the Business Controllers & Dealerpoint Management team to produce budgets and regular forecasts for the Dealerpoint
- Lead the team to ensure that the business is operating within corporate guidelines including but not exhaustive; SHEQ, Training, Technical, Dealer Operating Standards
- Implement corrective and proactive actions in line with company policies
- Manage the performance of the Dealerpoint in line with the agreed Parts and Workshop and Parts Processes & KPIs
- Create and manage the Dealerpoint succession plan to maximise opportunities and growth through the team.
- Develop and implement action plans for improvement and to enable performance to improve and grow the business
- Identifying and targeting new customers along with the management of the existing customer base
- Ensure your team has regular reviews and ensure any competency gaps are closed by ensuring appropriate training and support is provided
- Create an environment in which the depot team can be successful in their defined roles.
To be successful within the Service Manager role you must have good business acumen, with the ability to produce and understand financial and management reporting. You must be able to analyse and interpret data and understand the operational budgets and KPI’s. Preferably you will have a third level qualification and at least 5 years relevant management experience.
Communication skills are paramount within the role and you must be able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation including external customers. You must have experience managing a depot with the ability to motivate and lead a team, driving the business forward through effective people management.
You must be able to work in an organised and methodical manner, ensuring all daily tasks are completed, you should be able to modify your approach in specific circumstances to ensure a positive outcome and able to understand & analyse operational issues & propose appropriate solutions. Finally you are required to have basic knowledge of vehicle technology, you must be IT literate and have an understanding of operator’s license laws and regulations.
If this sounds like a role that you would be interested in and you are looking for your next exciting career challenge, then we would love to hear from you.