Parts Advisor - Hayes
Salary £12.49 per hour/£26k p.a.
Working Monday to Friday
10:30hrs to 19:00hrsBenefits
- Competitive salary + overtime
- Company pension
- Ignition, our electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- High St and Retail discounts for family & friends
This is an exceptional opportunity to join one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. The Volvo brand has been built up over decades and is the second-largest heavy-duty truck brand in the world, with strong core values of safety, quality and environmental care.Main Duties include:
- Promote the benefit of Volvo parts and service at all times.
- Ensure Customer orders are taken and supplied to the correct specification.
- Ensure that parts required for customers are picked and allocated to the correct delivery route(s).
- Ensure that procedures are correctly carried out for the ordering of goods and their receipt.
- Ensuring that all goods received are checked and binned (located) accurately.
- Ensure that invoices/credits are properly and accurately raised for goods supplied or returned.
- Ensure warranty claim, VCM, IBT (inter Branch Transfers) and special claims are reconciled correctly.
- Ensure the accuracy of perpetual inventory stock counts.
- Documenting and reporting the condition of parts received notifying any relevant party of damage or concerns.
- Inspecting old units or parts returned for credit and reporting damaged or unsuitable items to the Parts Manager.
- Ensuring that all parts and old units returned are labelled and packed properly and all relevant paperwork correctly completed.
- To maintain a good standard of housekeeping within the Parts department.
- Working as a team player, flexible and helpful ensuring support for both colleague and customer.
- Carrying out weekly stock checks at Customer premises.
- May be required to support early and late shift workshop parts (as and when required).
There are some essential components needed for this job – strong customer orientation with the ability to work in an organised & methodical manner in a fast moving environment. You will have good communication skills and be able to modify your approach in specific circumstances to ensure a positive outcome. With proven negotiation skills and experience of selling techniques, you will be a team player with a flexible and positive approach.
Previous experience in a similar role is ideal but not essential as training and support will be provided. However, strong IT skills will be required.Volvo Group UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer