Service Market Logistics (SML)
, part of Volvo Group Trucks Operations, serves all brands and business areas by managing and optimizing service parts availability and distribution to secure customer uptime. Through our operations, we provide world class service focusing on delivery precision, quality, continuous improvement, cost efficiency and synergies delivering value all the way to our customers. We embrace innovation and new technologies and work with environmental care and sustainability at heart. Our footprint consists of 40 distribution centers and 3,800 employees worldwide, and we strive for an innovative and diverse workplace, exercising the Volvo Group values with high focus on Customer Success. We are Proud to Deliver. Making a Difference. For People. Every Day.
SML North America (NA) is a part of SML and has about 1,000 employees across the United States, Canada, and Mexico. We operate the Central Distribution Center in Byhalia, MS as well as Regional Distribution Centers across the NA region.Mission/Purpose of the Position
The Regional Business Controller is part of the SML NA Business Control team and will report directly to the Manager of Business Control - Reporting and Analysis.
The Business control team is responsible to secure the financial reporting is done in an accurate and timely manner. Even more important, the thorough analysis of the performance is critical to support the SML NA team to take decisions to achieve the Volvo Group’s strategic objectives.
One of the most interesting reasons to join the Business Control team is that we work cross-functionally with all SML departments, with all the different Business Areas and supporting four different Brands - Volvo Trucks, Mack Trucks, Volvo Construction Equipment and Volvo Penta.
With us, you can continuously develop yourself, improve your own professional skills and drive change together with committed people! Scope & Influence
The Business Controller is responsible of collecting data, analyze and consolidate information to support decision making.
This role works closely with the whole business control team to understand current performance and proactively identify how to further improve performance.
In addition to a continuous improvement mindset, all controllers may understand the End-to-End impact of different actions and decisions to secure satisfaction of our customers.Essential Functions
Minimum Education and Experience
- Prepare, analyze, and explain financial reports including year-over-year and quarterly comparisons.
- Challenge and support in terms of efficiency and performance in line with the overall strategy and objectives.
- Consolidate the financial estimate process with analysis of underlying cost drivers and validation of assumptions.
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyze causes of deviations.
- Collaborate closely with other business controllers to identify opportunities to increase performance.
- Perform proactive controlling and drive cost awareness to achieve short- and long-term financial targets.
- Support in the preparation of financial presentations for different stakeholders.
- Participate in financial review meetings with different stakeholders as needed.
- Support with our financial master data structure including GL accounts, Cost Centers, and Profit Centers.
- Actively contribute to developing routines, processes, and ways of working on global and regional levels
- Other duties as needed by the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, Business Administration, Economics, or related field.
- Although Professional accounting designation is not required, a CPA, CMA or MBA or advanced education is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of financial planning and/or business analysis experience
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced team environment striving towards operational excellence.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals with minimum supervision and ability to drive initiatives to completion.
Necessary functional/language skills
- Proficiency in the English language is required.
- Teamwork and cooperation are critical factors to the success of the team and motivation of the individuals.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Ability to analyze data in detail and tell succinct stories. Capable to communicate effectively with line and senior management as well as finance and non-finance audience.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Advanced Excel skills required, PowerPivot / PowerBI highly desirable.
- Experience in SAP and Business Objects required.
- ESSBASE, VGCS preferred.
- Ability to be coachable
- Creative thinking and innovative problem solving.
- Unafraid of failure, willingness to learn and continually improve.
- Comfortable with a fast-paced environment as priorities are subject to change.
Market Logistics offers the opportunity to learn about, and impact, all our North American brands. In addition, we offer:
- As all documentation is in English, proficiency in the English language is required
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Competitive compensation
- Generous ETO (earned time off)
- 401k with matching