Would you like to work in an empowered, enthusiastic, and challenging atmosphere? Are you interested in new technologies such as automation, electromobility, and connectivity? Does the opportunity to drive the development of future Volvo products excite you? Join our team!Who We Are
Powertrain Engineering (PE) is part of Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT), a division of Volvo Group North America, provide state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning and project execution to final delivery of complete products and support of the products in the aftermarket. PE is responsible to develop and maintain products and product components of the complete driveline. It also includes Group Truck Technology’s center of development and expertise for Hydrogen solutions.What you will be doing
As a Intern in Alternative Powertrains
team you will have the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment and to support/promote the students’ career goals through contacts with professionals in their fields of study. This program enables students to participate in professional activities for Volvo Group by working on important and innovative projects. The intern assignments allow students to integrate knowledge and skills in manners that are mutually beneficial to the students and Volvo Group.
Your mission will be:
Who you are:
- Complete powertrain product design requirement breakdown and documentation
- Analyze component parts and assemblies to assist/provide input in determining the best course of action required to resolve actual or potential problems
- Coordinate activities with other departments within the Company, on a limited basis as necessary
- Project management activities
- Complete simulation on Powertrain systems
- Provide engineering support assistance for quality issues as required
- Miscellaneous technical data generation, analysis, and reporting
- Issues written and oral reports
- Assist team in identifying process improvements
- Support of component and system test activities
- Create spreadsheets and flow charts in support of staff projects
- Perform other routine engineering duties as assigned
You are a Mechanical Engineering (or related Engineering) student that is prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment, gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering (or mechanical, electrical, software, design, production, etc.). We are looking for a student who has analytical skills, great communication and is a quality advocate. It`s also important that you pay attention to details and are a decision maker. As a valued member of the engineering team within GTT, you will have the opportunity to work directly with the engineers in the department. GTT’s values collaboration and life-long learning and our goal is to contribute to your development while providing you an opportunity to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. You will report to the Manager of Alternative Powertrains Product Team.
Ready to join our team and shape tomorrow’s society together with us?
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a/an Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering, or an equivalent Engineering degree at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship/co-op.
- Interns may work up to 40 hours per week during the summer term.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75.
At the Volvo Group, we strive for a clear, transparent, and straightforward compensation approach, motivating you to contribute to the company’s growth. For all intern and co-op positions, the hourly range is set at $16.00 - $46.00. The hourly rate for these roles is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, geographic location, academic classification, and degree seeking area of study. In addition to these factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as part of any final offer.
We also offer the following benefits to interns and co-ops:
- Housing assistance
- Countless career opportunities / internal mobility across our global organization
- Training and personal development