Would you like to work in an empowered, enthusiastic, and challenging atmosphere? Are you interested in new technologies such as automation, electromobility, and connectivity? Does the opportunity to drive the development of future Volvo products excite you? Join our team!Who We Are
Our team, Complete Vehicle (CV), is part of Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT), a division of Volvo Group North America, provide state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning and project execution to final delivery of complete products and support of the products in the aftermarket. Complete Vehicle translate the soul of the brand to a product message, design the products and services, deliver all truck and component builds, develop niche products and aftermarket solutions and verify and validate the products and services.What you will be doing
As an Engineering Intern you will be working with our Aftermarket Project managers Team and support them on different Product Projects like: Electromobility, Powertrain, Cab, Electric, and others. You will have a lot of fun working in a daily basis with several stakeholders like: Maintainability Engineering, Parts & Service Engineering, Diagnostic Eng. Service market Logistic and Product designers and others. You will support us to deliver the best Aftermarket Products to the market in terms of serviceability and diagnosability for our VOLVO and MACK Trucks.Your mission will be:
Who you are
- Support Project Managers activities like: Planning, Validation, Follow-up, others.
- Participate in physical shop evaluations and document validation of repair methods.
- Support Spare Part Engineers in creating visual and written instructional documentation.
- Support Diagnostics Engineers in testing and validating automation their activities.
You are an Engineering student that is prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment, gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering (or mechanical, electrical, software, design, production, etc.). As a valued member of the engineering team within GTT, you will have the opportunity to work directly with the engineers in the department. GTT’s values collaboration and life-long learning and our goal is to contribute to your development while providing you an opportunity to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. You will report to the Aftermarket Project Office ManagerRequired:
Ready to join our team and shape tomorrow’s society together with us?
- Must be enrolled and pursuing a degree in Engineering or related program at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75.
- Interns may work up to 40 hours per week during the summer.
At the Volvo Group, we strive for a clear, transparent, and straightforward compensation approach, motivating you to contribute to the company’s growth. For all intern and co-op positions, the hourly range is set at $16.00 - $46.00. The hourly rate for these roles is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, geographic location, academic classification, and degree seeking area of study. In addition to these factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as part of any final offer.
We also offer the following benefits to interns and co-ops:
- Housing assistance
- Countless career opportunities / internal mobility across our global organization
- Training and personal development