Would you like to work in an empowered, enthusiastic, and challenging atmosphere? Are you interested in new technologies such as automation, electromobility, and connectivity? Does the opportunity to drive the development of future Volvo products excite you? Join our team!Who We Are
Our Team, Controlling & Product Finance, leads the company’s controlling and product finance deliveries, providing our expertise and fact-based knowledge to Group Trucks development of products. Our work supports Volvo Group Vision and enhances a profitable business. The Controlling & Product Finance organization is an important function to secure long-term profitability within the truck division. What you will be doing
As a Financial Analyst Intern
, you will work with our Controlling & Product Finance group. As a valued member of the Controlling & Product Finance group within GTT, you will have the opportunity to work directly with our Business Controlling team. The finance team’s scope includes business controlling, project controlling, and finance project management. You will be doing this in cooperation with global business functions and ensure both local and global deliveries.
Your mission will be:
Who you are
- Assist in Fixed Assets reconciliation within GTT
- Conduct Physical Inventory
- Prepare summary reports with recommended actions
- Work in various functions within GTT to identify and tag fixed assets
- Learn the investment process
- Develop ways to improve the current process
You are an Accounting/Finance or other business related student who is prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment, gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of controlling and product finance. You are a candidate that has great skills, such as: teamwork, communication, flexibility, reliability, attention to detail. GTT values collaboration and life-long learning and our goal is to contribute to your development while providing you an opportunity to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to the Project and Business Control Manager.
Ready to join our team and shape tomorrow’s society together with us?
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Accounting and Finance or any business related course at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship.
- Summer interns may work up to 40 hours per week.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75.
At the Volvo Group, we strive for a clear, transparent, and straightforward compensation approach, motivating you to contribute to the company’s growth. For all intern and co-op positions, the hourly range is set at $16.00 - $46.00. The hourly rate for these roles is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, geographic location, academic classification, and degree seeking area of study. In addition to these factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as part of any final offer.
We also offer the following benefits to interns and co-ops:
- Housing assistance
- Countless career opportunities / internal mobility across our global organization
- Training and personal development