Would you like to work in an empowered, enthusiastic, and challenging atmosphere? Are you interested in new technologies such as automation, electromobility, and connectivity? Does the opportunity to drive the development of future Volvo products excite you? Join our team!IMPORTANT: This is a placeholder created for Career Fair Events and is intended for students who have participated in those events. Who We Are
At Volvo Group Trucks Technology, we maximize the output from the Volvo Group R&D investment. We do this by balancing common and brand unique solutions and by mastering both well-known and new technologies. Empowerment, accountability and simplicity are key principles guiding us in our daily work. We provide state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning and project execution to final delivery of complete products and also support the products in the aftermarket. For us in GTT, technology means the aspiration to move forward, constantly improve and do better through hard work. It means innovative thinking and revolutionary problem-solving through inspiring teamwork to come up with solutions that support the business of the Volvo Group customers, and that increase safety and reduce the environmental impact. Our employees are multi-brand, multi-cultural and work in global teams on projects across the globe in Sweden, France, USA, India, Brazil and Australia.Who you are
You are an Engineering Student who is prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment, gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering (or mechanical, electrical, software, design, production, etc.). As a valued member of the engineering team within GTT, you will have the opportunity to work directly with the engineers in the department. GTT’s values collaboration and life-long learning and our goal is to contribute to your development while providing you an opportunity to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. GTT Available Positions for 2024 (Spring, Summer and Fall):Vehicle Engineering Product Development
- Component owner, design, procurement support, industrialization of parts on a truck.Vehicle Engineering Simulation
- Analyze the complete vehicle using in-depth simulation techniques in a variety of specialized disciplines.Vehicle Engineering Electronics & Software
- Component ownership of Hardware and software, development, and testing.Powertrain Engineering
- Engine ownership: combustion engines, Exhaust After Treatment Systems (EATS), transmissions and axles as well as hybrid powertrains. We develop fully electrified powertrains and also Hydrogen solutions.Complete Vehicle Aftermarket
- Feature maintainability, diagnostics and development of specialty tools, spare parts, and services to support the uptime of end user product.Complete Vehicle Verification and Validation
- physical test of components and systems related to durability and reliability, truck features and functions.Complete Vehicle Prototype Builds
- Specify and build prototype vehicles for development and test.Complete Vehicle Quality &customer Satisfaction
- Engage component & system experts to define the product problem, cause, & recommended solutions. Convert customer complaints into defined technical problems using data, ensuring product quality and customer satisfaction. Required
Ready to join our team and shape tomorrow’s society together with us?
- This position opening will be used to engage with students that have attended the Volvo Group Career Fair events during the Fall 2023 semester at various universities.
At the Volvo Group, we strive for a clear, transparent, and straightforward compensation approach, motivating you to contribute to the company’s growth. For all intern and co-op positions, the hourly range is set at $16.00 - $46.00. The hourly rate for these roles is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, geographic location, academic classification, and degree seeking area of study. In addition to these factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as part of any final offer.
We also offer the following benefits to interns and co-ops:
- Housing assistance
- Countless career opportunities / internal mobility across our global organization
- Training and personal development