Would you like to work in an empowered, enthusiastic, and challenging atmosphere? Are you interested in new technologies such as automation, electromobility, and connectivity? Does the opportunity to drive the development of future Volvo products excite you? Join our team!Who We Are
Vehicle Engineering (VE) is part of Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT), a division of Volvo Group North America, provide state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning and project execution to final delivery of complete products and support of the products in the aftermarket. VE is responsible for the integration and development of technologies into a complete truck for all brands within the Volvo Group. We offer integrated solutions to our customers, and we are dedicated to high quality and competitive time to market.What you will be doing
As a Chassis analysis intern you will be part of the Chassis Analysis and Adv. Calculations team and will support various CAE activities within the Vehicle Engineering organization. This includes FEA, CFD/thermal analysis and 1D simulations. In addition, you may also be required to work on data analytics to review simulation, test and field data to document results using PowerBI dashboards and on other internal databases.Your mission will be:
Who you are
- Support various FEA simulation activities (Static/Modal, CVM, vibration analysis etc.)
- Conduct CFD simulations of various truck systems
- Use data analytics to review past data (simulation, test or field) to identify patterns, create dashboards etc.
- Work on creating scripts for automating repetitive CAE tasks
- Help develop new CAE methodologies
You are a Mechanical Engineering student with a background in CAE simulations (FEA, CFD, 1D etc.) and are prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment, gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering (or mechanical, electrical, software, design, production, etc.). As a valued member of the engineering team within GTT, you will have the opportunity to work directly with the engineers in the department. GTT’s values collaboration and life-long learning and our goal is to contribute to your development while providing you an opportunity to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. You will report to the Group Manager, Chassis Analysis and Advanced Calculations.Required:
Ready to join our team and shape tomorrow’s society together with us?
- Must be enrolled and pursuing a degree in (Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace or related program) at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75.
At the Volvo Group, we strive for a clear, transparent, and straightforward compensation approach, motivating you to contribute to the company’s growth. For all intern and co-op positions, the hourly range is set at $16.00 - $46.00. The hourly rate for these roles is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, geographic location, academic classification, and degree seeking area of study. In addition to these factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as part of any final offer. We also offer the following benefits to interns and co-ops:
- Housing assistance
- Countless career opportunities / internal mobility across our global organization
- Training and personal development