Would you like to work in an empowered, enthusiastic, and challenging atmosphere? Are you interested in new technologies such as automation, electromobility, and connectivity? Does the opportunity to drive the development of future Volvo products excite you? Join our team!Who We Are
Vehicle Engineering (VE) is part of Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT), a division of Volvo Group North America, provide state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning and project execution to final delivery of complete products and support of the products in the aftermarket. VE is responsible for the integration and development of technologies into a complete truck for all brands within the Volvo Group. We offer integrated solutions to our customers, and we are dedicated to high quality and competitive time to market.What you will be doing
Who you are
- As an intern you will be primary responsible of designing and building a testing rig for HMI Control components testing (Environment Control Modules, stalk, switches, doors and lights control panels, USB-hub, …)
- Your mission will be:
- Own the business plan for the team’s HMI Controls Component Rig.
- Analyze the wiring schematic and physical electrical architecture of the vehicle to understand basic functionality of the system
- Understand how to integrate components to each other through wiring harnesses, power supply, etc.
- Design the basic rig structure.
- Work with the shop to arrange creation of the rig structure.
- Assemble the rig
- Define labels for the various HMI Controls components.
- Download Software to ECUs
- Work with agile processes and engineering standards to maintain efficient, well organized, reusable and reliable hardware and software to ensure the best possible performance, quality, and robustness of the products
- Verify communication between components
- Demonstrate the rig use case at the conclusion of the internship.
You are an Electrical or Mechanical Engineering student that is prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment, gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering (or mechanical, electrical, software, design, production, etc.). As a valued member of the engineering team within GTT, you will have the opportunity to work directly with the engineers in the department. GTT’s values collaboration and life-long learning and our goal is to contribute to your development while providing you an opportunity to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. You will report to Group Manager – Electrical Hardware.Required:
- Must be enrolled and pursuing a degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering program at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75.
Ready to join our team and shape tomorrow’s society together with us?
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
At the Volvo Group, we strive for a clear, transparent, and straightforward compensation approach, motivating you to contribute to the company’s growth. For all intern and co-op positions, the hourly range is set at $16.00 - $46.00. The hourly rate for these roles is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, geographic location, academic classification, and degree seeking area of study. In addition to these factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as part of any final offer. We also offer the following benefits to interns and co-ops:
- Housing assistance
- Countless career opportunities / internal mobility across our global organization
- Training and personal development