This isn’t any longer a conventional commercial vehicle company. An increasing global population, booming e-commerce and a growing, connected middle class contribute to rising demand for construction and transportation. Climate change, congested cities, hazardous road and working conditions call for future transportation technology and systems solutions that are safer, cleaner and more efficient.
This transformation journey both needs to be sustainable for the success of Volvo Group and for the survival of our planet. Our ambition is that 100% of our products are fossil fuel free enabled from 2040.
Forging products are very high consumer of raw material and energy. Therefore optimizing the products and processes could make a huge difference to our CO2 footprint and that is where you could contribute.
Would you like to shape this future of transportation together with us? Do you have fun driving business? Do you enjoy cross functional work? Do you want to join a dynamic global team? If you have answered “yes” to above questions, please keep reading!THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
We, Forging team, are looking for a Commodity & Project Buyer, located either in Gothenburg (Sweden) or in Saint Priest (France)
The team consists of 9 strong professionals and is accountable for all the operational and project activities within Europe and lead the strategic activities globally for our transmissions, our Internal Combustion Engine and many E-mobility activities.What will you work on?
- Contribute to a more productive and sustainable forging purchasing
- Collaborate with your stakeholders to define the future strategies of your segments
- Select suppliers, negotiate the contracts and drive project activities until start of production
- Optimize supply chain and improve our resiliency towards a proactive risk management of economical, geopolitical and climate change risks
- Optimize our QDCFTSR performance
- QDCFTSR: Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability and Risk Management
We believe you are a supportive team player and are comfortable working with different cultures, people and cross functionally, taking the lead in various groups and situations
You also have the ability to take ownership of various tasks and possess strong problem-solving skills in combination with analytical mindset. We also think that you are result oriented and like doing business.
We would like to welcome you to our team where positive attitude, perseverance and focus on continuous improvement are a must
Your main qualifications can be summarized as:
What we offer?
- Experience working with commercial topics in a preferably global environment.
- High level of negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Being fluent in English.
- University degree in Business or Technology related fields.
We can offer you a dynamic, interesting and challenging job where you will be able to grow within the Volvo Group and develop your skills being:
- Part of a global and diverse team, with purchasing teammates in different continents.
- Part of shaping the world into a more sustainably future.
- Part of a fun working culture with high pace where it does not get boring.
Sounds good? Curious about the position? Well don’t wait, put in your application and give us a call if you are looking forward to know more.
Florian Barat, Head of Forging Purchasing
Please submit your application in English
GTP strives to be a multicultural and global organization. We welcome applicants that can even further increase our diversity.