Head of Data Loss PreventionIntroduction
We, at Enterprise IT Security (EITS)
, are on a mission to secure the IT journey for the Volvo Group. We work closely together with stakeholders across several Business Areas (BAs), Truck Divisions (TDs), and Group Functions (GFs). While the BAs are responsible for driving the business, the TDs provide research, development, manufacturing, and assembly. Within Volvo Group, the GFs own the Group agenda, provide strategic direction and have global responsibility.
With Enterprise IT Security
you will be part of Group Digital & IT
(Group Function). A global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead.Job Summary:
As the Head of Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and overseeing comprehensive data protection and DLP programs to prevent unauthorized data disclosure or loss. You will play a pivotal role in identifying vulnerabilities, developing policies, and implementing security measures to protect our organization's data assets.
You will be a part of creating a new function and team within Volvo Group to support other IT solution teams with security expertise.Main responsibilities:
- Strategic Leadership: Develop and execute the company's DLP strategy, aligning it with the overall cybersecurity and risk management objectives.
- Policy Development: Create and maintain data protection policies, procedures, and guidelines to ensure compliance with industry standards and regulations.
- Team Management: Lead and manage a team of DLP experts, providing guidance and direction to ensure the effectiveness of data security measures.
- Risk Assessment: Identify vulnerabilities, conduct risk assessments, and recommend strategies to minimize data loss risks.
- DLP Technology Implementation: Evaluate, select, and implement DLP technologies and tools to monitor, detect, and prevent data breaches.
- Incident Response: Develop and maintain an incident response plan to address and mitigate security breaches or incidents related to data disclosure or loss with EITS global SOC team.
- Compliance: Steer and oversee compliance with relevant data protection regulations and standards (e.g., GDPR, HIPAA, ISO 27001) in the context of DLP with close collaboration with EITS Data Privacy area.
- Culture and Awareness: Promote data security culture across the organization through training, education, and communication.
- Vendor Management: Collaborate with external vendors and partners to ensure the effectiveness of DLP solutions and technologies.
- Reporting: Generate and present regular reports on DLP program performance and key metrics to executive management.
- Ensures collaboration with other parts of Enterprise IT Security to deliver support and consulting for remediation activities on test results.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- A minimum of 8years of experience in data loss prevention, cybersecurity, or a related field.
- In-depth knowledge of data protection regulations and standards.
- Strong understanding of DLP technologies, tools, and best practices.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Relevant certifications such as CISSP, CISM, or CISA are a plus.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to establish and maintain good relations with your internal and external partners/stakeholders.
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
We are looking forward to seeing your application!
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, Engineering, a related field or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years experience in IT Operations, Security & Development
- At least 5 years of experience in leadership position.
Hiring manager – Bartosz Celmer, Head of Data Security and Protection