Credit Analyst InternSalary:
Warwick Head Office
12- month placement (1st July 2024- 11th July 2025)Working Hours:
37.5 hours a week Monday- Friday. 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays. Current degree requirements:
- Studying for Finance / Accounting degree or related business degree.
- 2 years completed – placement between 2nd & 3rd study years.
Join Volvo Financial Services (VFS), the captive finance company within the Volvo Group. VFS provides financial services for Truck, Bus, Coach, and construction equipment within Volvo Group UK. As part of a global and diverse team, you will work with energy, passion, and respect to deliver expert financial solutions, including finance and insurance, supporting Volvo Group's sales.
Credit operates within the Credit, Risk & Operations Team at Volvo Financial Services UK.
The Credit Team are responsible for the investigation and analysis of finance applications to provide balanced, informed, and reasoned commercial decisions. Credit sits at the forefront of the asset purchase process. Through detailed analysis and due diligence, Analysts provide responsible underwriting decisions to our Commercial colleagues to allow customers to fund their chosen asset purchase.Responsibilities:
Working on various projects, you will get to learn about different areas of the department, which will give you a sound and broad understanding for your time after University.
- To analyse the UK and Ireland portfolios to drive future underwriting strategy.
Who are you:
- To review existing Credit processes with a view to improve department efficiencies, primarily Credit decision turnaround times.
- Analyse and interpret standard commercial credit applications and verification of credit data consistency.
- General assistance to other members of the Credit team as required, in particular with actions relating to Credit and Risk
We need someone who has good analytical skills in relation to financial and company information, alongside high levels of IT application skills, including Excel. You need to be thorough with a high level of accuracy and have strong decision-making skills in order to negotiate with internal customers.What we have to offer:
- Professional growth and development: Unlock your potential through various training and development opportunities.
- Pension scheme: Matched up to 5% of your salary, including death in service cover.
- Medical Insurance: Medical insurance coverage is provided by Bupa.
- Employee Assistance Programme: Take advantage of our wellness, mindfulness, and counselling services.
- Discounts on various purchases: Enjoy savings on shopping vouchers, cinema tickets, holidays, and travel.
- Fitness perks: Access MyGymDiscounts and MyActiveDiscounts. Make use of our on-site gym.
- Other benefits include Dental insurance, a Cycle-to-work scheme, and Eyecare vouchers.
Apply now to start your Volvo Group journey and be part of a team that recognises and values differences while providing an environment for your personal and professional growth. If this isn't the role for you, share it with a friend. Alternatively, we have a range of other internships on our website that may be suitable.