Ready to shape tomorrow's engineering working environment together with us?
Are you interested in digitalization in Manufacturing Process Management, the latest technology and an organization that cares about its employees? Great! Volvo Group Digital&IT are now looking for a Solution Engineer or Business Analyst to develop and maintain solutions for Manufacturing Engineering efficiency, virtual trust, and digital twin capabilities for the Volvo Group with focus in Manufacturing.This is us, your new colleagues
Our vision is to be the most desired and successful transport and infrastructure solution provider in the world. The industry in which we are operating is adopting digital technologies and reshaping their models in line with new digital transformation trends. Technology is moving from focusing on only products to also focus on digital solutions to improve flows, reduce waste and increase efficiency and productivity.
We are three agile teams working with Virtual Manufacturing in an agile setup. Our agile teams include IT Solution Architects, Software developers, Solution Engineers and Business Analysts to develop and maintain solutions that meet Volvo needs.
We prioritize a good working environment with transparency where we focus on end to end value flow to achieve customer success.This is how you can make an impact
We are driving several exciting transformation projects and initiatives to digitalize our business processes to leverage the value of data and become a fully agile, data-driven company. Here you will be part of building the foundations for a virtual trust, supported by improved use of digital thread and digital twins, i.e the digital data representing a physical object or a factory as well as an improved digital thread, the integrated view of physical products’ digital data through it’s lifecycle, from engineering to manufacturing and aftermarket.
Our existing IT solutions comprises of a mix of in house developed tools and Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) IT solutions for CAD and PLM where PTC Windchill are the PLM backbone you will be working with to enable new functionality in MPMLink to fully utilize the platform as intended to meet business needs.
Team MPMLink, which you will belong to, delivers solutions for Manufacturing Process Management, with a focus on the value streams in Powertrain and Complete Final Assembly production.
We deliver functionality and methods for manufacturing engineers to access the digital product definition (eBOMs) and design the mBOMs, process plans, factory structure and work instructions required to produce the product for operators on the shopfloor.
We deliver solutions where the users are able to provide early feedback to engineering, validate and optimize manufacturing deliverables, and enable release of information to production systems (ERP/MES). Typical early feedback helps to reduce potential clashes and potential shopfloor and assembly redesign.
Through our virtual manufacturing solutions, we enable improved product quality for the customer, shortened lead times in product projects, reduced product development costs.Key areas and responsibilities in your role:
Who are you?
- Advise digital & IT solutions.
- Have a key role and drive efficient and effective process improvements in manufacturing engineering with solutions based on MPMLink.
- Advisory and support to stakeholders to gather and identify their needs and problems and what solution would best address them.
- Work closely with core business representatives, UI/UX experts, Architects to understand expectations and work towards making the transformations as seamless as possible for the business.
- Maintain an efficient relationship with all stakeholders of digital projects and products.
- Promote the use of digital enablers and strategic partnerships to maximize value creation
Are we the perfect match?We can offer you:
- Since you are part of a global unit, with global responsibilities, you will need to actively cooperate with various stakeholders and navigate with ease in a multi-cultural environment.
- As a Solution Engineer or Business Analyst you will be part of an environment that embrace change and trust. You will be part of creating a good team spirit and a fun place to work that appeals others to join the team and by that the results will follow.
- You will need to have knowledge from manufacturing processes, preferrable in the automotive business.
- You have experience and an understanding of PLM, CAD and 3D visualisation and understand the possibilities with collaboration and virtual product data in a PLM tool.
- You have a continuous improvement mindset and work proactively.
- Experience of agile way of working is a strength.
- Fluent in English is a must.
- An attractive working environment where you will get an opportunity to work together with highly skilled colleagues in a global environment
- An opportunity to be part of the digitalization journey for the Volvo group.
- To work with exciting techniques and development practices in a complex technical environment
- To grow your competence both within IT as well as the automotive domain
- You will work in close collaboration with the development team.
Together we are delivering cutting edge solutions and services which drive profitability and growth. You will be part of an organization where continues improvements and fulfilment of business value is vital. We are expected to deliver a state-of-the-art solution for a stable and effective Product development environment, to develop the solutions in order to increase the efficiency for our stakeholders. We work closely together between the delivery teams within our area in a global environment.Union representatives:
Akademikerna - Mikael Johansson, +46 73 9023430
Unionen – Lajla Dahlsjö, +46 31 3224575
Ledarna - Carina Sachade, +46 73 9024083
Kindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site.