About the team
Braking & Vehicle Dynamics Control Systems, residing in the “Vehicle Motion & Thermal Management” technology stream, has a global responsibility for braking and vehicle dynamics control systems. The work is performed in close co-operation in a multi-cultural environment with both internal and external contacts such as our different development sites around the world and suppliers.
We need to increase our capacity and strength with an experienced Front office and Road Approval (RA) engineer responsible for present and future products. The work will include trouble shooting and on-site support to projects, production plants and aftersales with practical work and testing in truck. Road Approval is performed to allow a test vehicle to be driven on public road. You will act as Road Approval engineer, responsible for our domain in cooperation with management and skilled engineers. In the Road Approval role, you will represent us in the cross commodity foras where the final RA is prepared and taken. You are good at networking with other people, likes challenges and understands the value of a laugh. You need to have the ability to find and compile information/knowledge in a complex technical and structural environment to be able to drive, deliver and add value. One of our major areas for RA is the Electronically controlled Brake System (EBS)Roles and Responsibilities
Depending on your profile, your work will include most or all of the following parts:
• Front Office for vehicle related issues i.e. trouble shooting and on-site support to projects, production plants and aftersales
• Act as responsible for Road Approval engineer with regards to all our functions related to e.g. EBS, steering, vehicle stability control system etc.
• Support Vehicle Dynamics (VDYN) train with Road Approval and Front Office topics
• Secure that requirement and legal demands are secured
• Evaluate and test sensors and HW related to vehicle motion control
• Analyze and understand sensor signals, data communication and HMI related to vehicle control
• Test, tune and document each function parameters, for each variant
• Carrying out tests in both virtual and real environments
• Organize/participate in technical discussions with supplier
• Develop, evaluate, and review vehicle dynamics brake control function concepts for truck and trailerRequirements & qualifications
• You have a B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Mechanics, Mechatronics, Control engineering, Electronics or similar. This can be tuned if you gave relevant skill set in your CV.
• Relevant background/vehicle knowledge from aftermarket, workshops, service centers etc. is appreciated
• Knowledge in Physics, Mechatronics, Mechanical engineering, Control engineering, Vehicle dynamics, System modelling, Functional requirements, and Electronics
• Good understanding of embedded real time systems
• Understanding of functional development according to ISO26262
• Familiar with tools such as Protom, KOLA, CANalyzer, Configurator etc.
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• SW download knowledge and Fault tracing skills
• Experience of brake control functions and Parameter controlled vehicle functions
• Sensor and device communication understanding
The broad understanding how a vehicle works is an enabler for this position.
Knowledge in Volvo Tools and C-driving license are advantages. As a person you are driven, innovative and you have a passion for problem solving. You are open-minded and outgoing. You enjoy teamwork but at the same time you can work independently and drive development on your own.We Value Your Wellbeing
Volvo Group believes in diversity, equity, and inclusion and offers a safe environment to grow. Use your open mind and can-do attitude to help us steer our transportation solutions toward a more sustainable tomorrow.
Come, join us as we take our solutions into a new era and make modern life possible. Let's drive progress together.
For further information, please contact, Group Manager Braking & VD Control Systems Anders Ivarsson –at email@example.comApply here: http://gr.8job.eu/7OeUWh5K