This is an Intern position where the identified candidate(s) will learn how to interface with Volvo dealers (our customers), internal personnel, and Volvo warehouses to quote parts availability, process orders, communicate order status, and resolve issues as they arise in order to maintain high customer service and satisfaction.Main Tasks, Responsibilities and Authorities:Learn how to and develop basic competencies to:
- Quote parts availability/order status to dealers and Volvo personnel
- Provide technical and logistics support to customers as necessary
- Support dealer parts sales orders from receipt through to destination as requested
- Coordinate purchase orders with appropriate Volvo warehouse, resolving any issues through to shipment
- Handle all order related questions from dealers and Volvo personnel
- Redirect non-order related customer concerns to appropriate internal personnel
- Research and report on order related projects and programs
- Assist with the training of new employees
- Liaise with customs brokers and freight carriers for importation of Volvo parts
- Perform other duties as needed
- Ability to build skills required to perform: problem solving and analysis, interpersonal, verbal and written communication, organization and leadership
- Must be proficient in the use of personal computer, including skills in the following software programs: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and the Internet. Knowledge of SAP beneficial
Forums (Network of Interaction):
- External: Volvo dealers, suppliers, Customs Brokers, Freight carriers
- Internal: All areas of Volvo Construction Equipment, including Parts Technical, Marketing, CST, etc. Also Volvo warehouses, Volvo Parts.
Education/Professional Qualifications required for the position:
- Must be currently pursuing a college degree in a relevant field at an accredited university
- Must have completed a minimum of 30 credit hours
- Must have a minimum GPA of 2.75
Additional Important Requirements (e.g. language, mobility):
- Work experience in the construction equipment industry or order management and customer service related positions in construction equipment industry or outside of the industry preferred.
- Ability to work with others in a Team / Office environment required.
- Able to perform duties effectively in a fast-paced environment whether working autonomously or under direction.
- Be able to work up to a 20-hour week between the hours of 7am and 7pm, Mon-Friday.
At the Volvo Group, we strive for a clear, transparent, and straightforward compensation approach, motivating you to contribute to the company’s growth. For all intern and co-op positions, the hourly range is set at $16.00 - $46.00. The hourly rate for these roles is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, geographic location, academic classification, and degree seeking area of study. In addition to these factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as part of any final offer.
We also offer the following benefits to interns and co-ops:
- Housing assistance
- Countless career opportunities / internal mobility across our global organization
- Training and personal development